Chapter Fifty Seven ~ Min Yoongi

Yoongi left the house with no real destination in mind, all he knew was that he needed to shift, he needed to put some space between himself and Jin.

He understood the anger Jin displayed because he felt it too, it wasn't just one person hurting here it was two but it seems he's still the bad guy regardless.

It wasn't always this way, there was a time back when Yoongi was still human that life was good but nothing good ever lasts.

Yoongi was fifteen when his father first told him of his true heritage, of what was destined for him.

"Take a seat son, this won't be easy for you to accept nor believe." 

Yoongi scoffed at the memory, recalling the moment your father tells you he's in fact a werewolf and that once the descendant of said werewolf reaches his/her sixteenth birthday they become one too.....well, you can imagine it's not something one would expect.

"Dad, seriously what did you want to talk with me about?"

He can still remember the way his own eyes widened, concern for the mental stability of his father very evident as he asked the question.

"It's best I show you the truth."

Then his own father proceeded to shift, right in front of his extremely confused and in equal parts horrified teenage son who was in fact only a week away from celebrating his sixteenth birthday.

The rest of that week was a blur, his father spent most days going through the history of their kind and preparing his son for the first shift but nothing could've prepared Yoongi for the worst kind of pain a single person can be expected to go through.

The next two years went by just as quickly and Yoongi was nothing short of miserable, he longed for his life before, longed for the simplicity it offered but there was no going back and the young wolf resented his father for bestowing this wretched curse.

That resentment turned to hate, the two never really got along to begin with and now their relationship was hanging on by a very fine, frayed thread.

Yoongi could still remember the day that thread finally broke, the day he left home and didn't look back.

"It was a mistake son, people make mistakes."

The drunken, late night confession of killing his mother was enough to render the relationship with his father null and void.

It was a mistake, those words bounced around like a cannon ball through the darkest depths of his already tortured mind.

Yoongi believed the lie for so long, that the reason he grew up without knowing the love of a mother was due to a tragic car accident the year after he was born.

The truth was far from that, the truth was that his father lost control after a night of heavy drinking and during a heated argument with his mother over his many failings as a father he shifted and killed her.  

Yoongi wanted to tear him apart but he couldn't, he wasn't strong enough and so instead he ran and never looked back.

The next few years weren't kind to the young and extremely broken wolf, he joined a pack who shortly after showed their true colours but there was no escape or so he thought.

It was Namjoon and Jin who saved him, rescued him from the clutches of darkness and despair.  

It was that very same night when he locked eyes with Namjoon's Beta that the connection hit both of them, totally unexpected.

Jin was his mate.

Yoongi rejected the bond, not because he wanted to or because he didn't desire Jin but because he couldn't do it again.

He couldn't lose someone else he loved.

All his life the same story repeated itself

Loss

Betrayal

Deception

Pain

Yoongi couldn't do it again, he couldn't put Jin through that either and so to keep him safe the young wolf rejected the bond and that very act was the most painful he'd ever experienced.

Yoongi loved Jin with all he was, all he ever would be but he wouldn't ever put Jin at risk by claiming him and so Yoongi suffered in silence as the bad guy.

He was a coward....just like his father.