Chapter Sixty Five ~ I'm Sorry

Jungkook was right......

I always knew that after the initial marking and claiming my urges and desire for her would reach new heights but this was something else entirely. I shouldn't be having sexual urges during something so traumatic but yet my need for her was overwhelming, Jungkook immediately seemed to sense this as he narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

Not now, control yourself hyung.

I was trying, couldn't he see that?!

"Taehyung we need to tell her."

"Tell me what? Tae, what's Namjoon talking about and why do you have this?!" The bloodied license hit the table and the silence which followed was so thick with tension you could cut it with a metaphorical knife.

How do you tell the woman you love that her friend is dead? How do you even start that conversation?

I knew it would break her, I knew she would never be the same after this but she needed to know the truth.

"Remember the rival pack we spoke about?" I pushed back the chair, slowly rising to my feet.

"Of course, what do they have to do with Bam?"

"We found a body in the woods, we didn't tell you because we didn't want to worry you unless it was absolutely necessary." I took cautious steps towards her, knowing that when she fell it would be my responsibility and mine alone to catch her.

"It's not him though right? Please tell me it's not him, Tae please." 

There were many blessings in finding your mate but one which was never a favourite was the ability to feel their pain, emotional and physical. I felt everything in that moment, her confusion and fear. I hated that she was hurting, that I was powerless to stop it.

"It's him, my love I'm so sorry."

Her heart broke and so did mine, the cry that left her was so primal that it rendered me to my knees as she fell to hers.

"Y/N!" Jungkook was by her side, in one swoop she was in his arms and I couldn't do anything but watch. 

I did this.

It was my fault.

I wasn't there to save my family all those years ago, I failed them and now was failing my mate.  

"I'm sorry.....I'm sorry." I was a mess, she needed me and yet my body wouldn't heed my calls.

Go to her, she needs us! Taehyung move! It hurts when she hurts, please go to her.

Sobyeol was right, she needed me.

"Sweetheart." My voice sounded alien to me, weak and broken.

"Jungkook give her to me." I crawled my way over, once her arms wrapped around me Sobyeol whimpered.

She's hurting, we must do something....we must stop it.

"I know....fuck sweetheart this is killing me." I broke down, her pain was mine and the rival pack would pay for this.

I'm going to fucking kill them.

They wanted war.....they got it.

"One of them is here!" Namjoon growled out using the pack link.

"I smell them too, they've sent just one. Female, she just crossed the border to our territory." 

Jungkook got to his feet and was out the door before any of us could stop him.

"JUNGKOOK WAIT!" Namjoon bolted after him and the others followed one by one until only Jimin remained.

"It's okay Jimin, go and help them. I can't leave her, she needs me." I kissed her head, tightening my embrace as Jimin gave a nod.

"Call for me if you need anything." 

"I will Jimin, I promise."

He followed after the others leaving me alone with my heartbroken mate.

"I'll make them pay, they won't get away with this my love. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

I would tear them apart.

                              ~     

Jungkook was the first out, his wolf itching to take over and destroy the rival pack.

He wasn't thinking straight, in that moment none of them were. It killed him to see Y/N so broken, she wasn't his mate but she was still important to him and their pack.

"Show yourself! I know you're there, I can smell you!" Jungkook was confused, why did the rival pack send just one of their own? To test them? To deliver a message?

"I see they sent the runt of the litter to face me." She mocked, a malicious grin forming as she stepped through the trees.

"I assure you, there's nothing little about me bitch." Jungkook seethed, never had he wanted to tear something apart so badly but he couldn't....not without permission from his alpha.

"He's also not alone." Namjoon growled as he along with Hobi, Yoongi, Jimin and Jin stepped up beside their youngest pack member.

"I second that." The second voice belonged to a robed figure, barefoot it stepped through the trees.

There was a flash of golden eyes before the ground beneath the female wolf began to tremble.

Roots broke through the earth and with one powerful hit sent the now injured female wolf darting back to her pack with her tail well and truly between her legs.

"Stupid bitch." The figure chuckled as she pushed back the hood of her robe and stepped closer to the opened mouthed wolves.

"Now, where the hell is my best friend?" She winked as Jimin finally closed his mouth before opening it again to speak.

"Jisoo?!"

"The one and only, figured you could use my help."

Hell yes.

They all spoke together through the link.

"This rival pack wants a war, lets give it to em' boys."