Chapter Forty Two ~ Secret Revealed

Taehyung led Y/N outside, he figured it would be easier to shift.

"You might want to sit down for this." His heart was beating like crazy, nothing usually made him panic but the possibility he could lose his mate was almost too much for him to deal with.

"Taehyung you don't have to tell me if you're not ready." Y/N squeezed his hand gently as they sat down on the porch swing.

"No, I want to do this but it's difficult for me. I don't even know where to begin and you might look at me differently after, I'm scared that I'll lose you."

"Tae don't be silly, you could never lose me."

"You say that now but you've got no idea what I'm about to tell you."

Y/N was nervous, she couldn't deny this but nothing would ever stop her from loving him and no matter what he told her she would stand by his side.

"Tae relax okay, start from the beginning." 

Tae couldn't sit still, his leg bouncing as he tried to decide what was the best way to tell your girlfriend you're a werewolf. It's not exactly an easy conversation to have, not something you hear often if at all for that matter.

"I know the way you feel about me scares you, we only met a few months ago and already the feeling is damn intense which shouldn't be normal but there's a good reason why we both fell so hard and so fast." Taehyung paused, he glanced at Y/N and so far she was doing good, her eyes were expectant and she was smiling but he wondered how long that would last.

Deep breath Taehyung, just say it.

"I'm a werewolf and our kind have mates that we're destined to be with, it's not like a normal human relationship. I'm trying my best to tell you all this without making it too complicated but when a werewolf meets their mate a connection is instantly formed, one that their mate feels too. It's powerful and lasts a lifetime, we're destined to be together and that's why you feel so strongly for me." Taehyung didn't dare look at her, so far she hadn't said anything but she didn't run away either so this was a good thing especially as she was still holding his hand.

"Remember the story I told you about what happened to my family, well the creature that killed them also attacked me that day. It was a werewolf, an Alpha to be more precise but he was scared off before he could actually kill me like he intended. I was human but after that day something started to change, I was infected with the werewolf curse and started shifting. I was so scared, confused and alone. I was too strong, couldn't control the shift or my abilities and lots of innocent people got hurt. It wasn't long after that Namjoon found me, he saved me....he saved all of us and showed us the way and now I'm here."

Taehyung finally found the courage to look at her, the expression he was faced with wasn't the one he expected.   

"Sweetheart please say something,  you're just staring and I'm freaking out here."

Y/N finally blinked, her eyes meeting his.

"Did you just say that you're a werewolf, a creature that doesn't exist?"

"Yes, it sounds crazy doesn't it?"

"You can say that again, Tae.....I love you and maybe we should get you some help. I'm not going to run away just because you've got these delusions."

Taehyung sighed, he knew this was going to happen but he couldn't really blame her.

"Then I'll show you." Taehyung knew this would eventually happen, it was now or never.

"Tae what do you mean.....show me what?" Y/N's eyes widened when he walked down the porch steps, removing his clothes as he went.

"Showing you that I'm not crazy."