Chapter Sixty Nine ~ Monochromatic

Jungkook watches from his bedroom window as the steel grey clouds melt into the newly monochromatic landscape, there came a brilliant flash that flickered and died

Jungkook watches from his bedroom window as the steel grey clouds melt into the newly monochromatic landscape, there came a brilliant flash that flickered and died. It was not a bolt, streaking to earth, but more like an almighty camera flash that blanketed everything at once.

Moments later there came the rumbling thunder and right on cue the rain began to fall haphazardly from the sky, as if it wasn't entirely committed to the idea of raining.

Then all at once it fell in great sheets, hitting his window with such force it seemed almost otherworldly and as his dark eyes drifted down to the covered decking at the rear of their home it all made sense.

Jisoo moved gracefully, bare feet taking the steps one by one until the rain welcomed her like a starved lover.

Jungkook was all too familiar with this feeling, the desire to claim what was his but not yet able to was bringing him to the edge of despair and back again.

The young werewolf didn't understand at first, how can two people love each other so completely that to not have them in your arms was the greatest of injustices.

Jungkook knew all there was to know about their kind, had listened to countless stories of those mated but until Jisoo he never knew what to truly expect.

Taehyung described it perfectly to him the night before his mating ceremony with Y/N.

"I always believed my mate was destined to be the perfect fit, that’s what everyone wants right? Yet it's not the case, a true soul mate is a mirror, that person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. What greater thing is there for two souls than to feel that they are joined to strengthen each other, to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories. You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

Y/N was Taehyung's mirror and Jisoo was his.

"It's her way of recharging." Jungkook jumped, so lost in thought he didn't even notice Jimin approaching him.

"Recharging?" Jungkook questioned with a cocked brow.

"Certain witches have a special set of powers, Jisoo can control the elements it seems. The way she used the roots earlier to attack, now she's summoned the rain to regain her strength." Jimin leaned against the window, arms crossed over his chest as the two watched the young witch.

"How do you know so much about witches?" Jungkook tilted his head, tone full of curiosity.

"I'm not a total idiot Jungkook, the supernatural world does interest me and I've done my fair share of reading."

Jungkook chuckled, eyes moving across his friend.

"I never called you an idiot hyung, just curious is all."

Jimin smiled, giving a small nod in understanding.

The room fell silent, Jungkook's gaze lingering on his hyung as a flash of lightning sent intricate patterns dancing along his angelic features.

"You know.....don't you?" Jungkook questioned, not missing the moment Jimin's plump lips lifted at the corners.

"Of course Jungkook, you're my brother plus you know out of everyone in the pack my ability to pick up on a person in distress is the most powerful. I've always been the empathetic one, the moods of others around me shifts my own mood. I knew the moment Tae met Y/N she was his mate, I knew the day you met Jisoo she was yours....I knew the day Yoongi rejected his mate because I felt not just his pain but the mates pain too."

Jungkook furrowed his brow, that can't be right.

"I understand you feeling Yoongi's pain but why would you feel his mates pain......" That's when it clicked, the argument between Jin and Yoongi, both of them storming out of the kitchen.

"I've been so blind to that....all these years. How could we not see?" Jungkook felt immensely guilty, they were supposed to be a pack and support each other yet the majority of them had failed.

"They hid it well, they didn't want to upset us. I think Namjoon knows, possibly Taehyung but we can't say anything Jungkook....not until they're ready."

Jungkook gave a nod, the heavy feeling surrounding his heart only increased at the latest news.

Bam was dead.

The rival pack were probably days away from attacking.

Y/N and Jisoo were grieving.

Yoongi rejecting Jin.....their pack was falling apart.

"I'm scared hyung." Jungkook whispered.

"I know.....you're not the only one." Jimin responded as he pulled the younger wolf closer.

The rain outside suddenly stopped, all traces of the raging storm outside quelled.

"I'm going to talk with her, make sure she's okay." Jungkook pulled away with a small smile, immediately noticing the look of concern Jimin sent his way.

"It's okay hyung, now isn't the time for me to claim her. I know she's not ready, she might never be but that doesn't mean I can't man up and do the right thing. Jisoo is grieving just as much as Y/N, she needs someone beside her even if she doesn't admit it."

Jimin watched with great pride as Jungkook walked out of the room, his heart filled with many emotions but one in particular was far more dominant.

Pain

Pain because the premonition he had many years ago was slowly coming true, like pieces of a twisted jigsaw coming together one by one to reveal the most terrifying of images.

The pack torn apart, a pregnant Y/N writhing in agony as she turned for the first time without Taehyung beside her.

Jimin swallowed, the lump in his throat so large tears threatened to fall.

He needed to find a way to stop this, even if that meant giving his own life for it.

((Please don't forget to vote for this chapter if you enjoy it, voting is important for us writers as we know then that you're enjoying it which spurs us on to write more. Love you guys, hope you liked this chapter.))