Chapter Eighty One ~ One Door Closes

Flashback

(To the events which happened prior to chapter Eighty.)

~

So this isn't how Y/N expected her first day back at school to go, not in the slightest. I mean she wasn't stupid nor naive, it obviously wasn't going to be a typical day not when one of her closest friends was dead and the other recently admitted to being a witch especially not when her boyfriend and his family were werewolves and there was a rival pack threatening to disturb the peace but what she wasn't expecting was to be halfway through the day locked away in the girls bathroom with tears streaming down her flushed cheeks. Not flushed because Taehyung had done something sugary sweet nor was it due to him whispering dirty thoughts in her ear like he sometimes does when he can't contain himself or keep Sobyeol in check, flushed because she was angry, no scrap that....furious.

Furious because when she went to the cafeteria to meet Taehyung for lunch he was sitting with Megan, the two of them engrossed in conversation with her hand on his forearm.

Furious because the principal had called an emergency assembly earlier that morning to inform the school that Bam was missing, asking students to come forward if they knew anything which could help with the investigation which of course she did but couldn't say anything, couldn't tell his family that there's no point in searching.

Furious because Samuel was yet to make his appearance, was he genuinely starting at the school or was this more games Hunter and his pack were playing?

Y/N needed to escape, she couldn't sit and watch Taehyung with Megan and so she headed for the bathroom and couldn't bring herself to leave.

Taehyung was loyal and she knew he would never do anything to jeopardise their relationship but it still didn't make watching them together any easier, not when Taehyung had texted her before lunch saying he was running late.

There was a lump building in her throat, chest tight as she tried to forget the image of Megan touching what didn't belong to her anymore.

Don't be that girl Y/N

Don't be the jealous girlfriend

You know he would never hurt you

There must be some explanation

So it didn't help that when she finally left the bathroom someone was waiting for her, someone who wasn't Taehyung.

"Afternoon doll." Samuel took a bite of his apple, cocky smirk and teasing eyes.

Y/N weirdly wasn't afraid, what was he going to do? If he tried anything people would see, he was simply here to play games and she wasn't going to fall for it.