Chapter Sixty ~ Evolution

Jisoo

I've carried around the biggest of secrets my entire life and truth be told it weighs heavy on my heart because it's not in my nature to be dishonest, I've always strived to be just and true but my secret isn't exactly the type you run around telling people.

Hey, I'm a witch! Nice to meet you!

The world is full of judgemental people, those who believe in only what their eyes can see but there's so much more to discover if you're willing.

Witches, werewolves, vampires and many other what humans like to call 'supernatural' beings are simply those who've become that next step in evolution.

I don't know when the change began or why, maybe the powers that be decided it was time for a shift in power but they granted me with my unique abilities and also a purpose, you could even call it my destiny.

I knew Y/N was my kindred the moment we met, her energy was different from anything I've ever felt before and my desire to protect her only confirmed the fact she was destined for me.

To be a kindred is to be connected, it doesn't always have to be romantic and in my case with Y/N it certainly wasn't.

Y/N is my best friend, we share a connection that will forever keep us together and it's my duty as her kindred to protect her through all the trials and tribulations of life.

I knew exactly what Kim Taehyung was, the moment he appeared outside our school gates his energy completely overwhelmed me.

I was concerned at first as werewolves don't exactly have the best reputation but after spending time connecting to each of them and exploring their energy I knew that these seven young wolves were different from others like them, they could be trusted but that didn't mean I wouldn't be keeping an eye on them.

I knew the moment Taehyung arrived in our class that he was destined for Y/N just like I was,  the energy between the two of them was unlike anything I've ever encountered before and it didn't take much research to discover she was what his kind call a 'mate'

In a sense you could say 'mates' and 'kindreds' are one in the same but for my kind our connection doesn't have to be a romantic one whereas for a wolf the connection is purely one of love, lust and passion.

I rarely use magic outside the safety of my home, it's forbidden for our kind to use it for our own advancement and extremely forbidden to reveal our existence to humanity which is why I've kept this huge secret from my best friend for years. 

I've always watched over her and on occasion even used my powers to give my kindred a helping hand, it's not exactly going against the rules as she's the one benefiting from the outcome and besides they were only small things....

Causing Troy Phillips to fall over after he was mean to her in second grade.

Giving Lucy Turner a terrible case of the runs for laughing at Y/N after she fell over in gym.

Making sure she aced the math test she was so worried about failing. 

Making Taehyung that crazy with jealousy at other men looking at her that he totally forgot about the fact he was totally butt naked.

Yeah....I may have given him a little push to man the fuck up and do what needed to be done but he was hurting my kindred and when one half of the kindred hurts so does the other.

I even sacrificed my own happiness for her, that's what it means to be a kindred and I'll always stay true to my role even if that means denying my happily ever after.

Several weeks ago.

"I'm sorry Jungkook we don't have any of your favourite flavour left."

Lisa was the head cook at our school and during break she also ran a tuck shop on site where students could buy snacks and drinks, Jungkook was a frequent customer and I often found myself stopping by to watch his interactions with the endearing older woman.

"That's disappointing." His lips formed a pout and Lisa chuckled.

I suppose using just a little bit of magic isn't such a bad thing.

I thought to myself and with the flick of my wrist the job was done.

"It seems we do have your flavour! It was hidden away with the rest, here we go....one strawberry lollipop."

I giggled, watching from my hiding place as his top teeth poked out revealing that smile which made most of the girls in school weak at the knees.

~

I knew what I was, the moment I connected with his energy it obvious to me that I was Jungkook's mate yet couldn't allow him to discover this.

It was my duty to protect Y/N and I couldn't do that if Jungkook marked me, my connection with her would be destroyed and I would never forgive myself if that happened and so I did what was necessary.....I cast a spell to protect myself from Jungkook ever finding out my true identity, my loyalty was to my kindred but it certainly wasn't easy for me to deny myself a chance at happiness.

The moment my connection to Bam was destroyed everything changed, something was coming.....something dark on the horizon and for the first time in my life I was truly afraid.

This is just the beginning.