Chapter Eighty ~ Are You With Me

Namjoon required fresh air and a chance to gather his thoughts before addressing the pack over dinner.

He stepped through the patio doors and took a deep breath, it had rained heavily throughout the day and now a petrichor scent filled the air.

This is what he needed.

Peace and quiet.

There was something about the forest at night which relaxed him, the perfect escape from his nightmarish reality.

The moonlight filtered through the tree canopy giving it a mystical glow; to look at it now you wouldn't think dangers lay within.

"You okay Namjoon?"

So much for peace and quiet.

Jimin appeared in the doorway with a furrowed brow, so much had happened during their first day back at school and he was still trying to process it.

"Don't worry about me Jimin, just gathering my thoughts before sitting down with all of you. I'm guessing school didn't go well?"

Namjoon turned his head, curious eyes falling across a troubled Jimin as he moved closer.

"It was emotional, so much happened that I don't even know where to begin."

Jimin reached the cabin steps and dropped down in the empty space beside his alpha.

"Samuel has already started to cause tension, he seems to be in all the classes Y/N has and Taehyung is struggling to control his anger around him. Megan attempted to make Y/N jealous, was all over Taehyung the moment she could get him alone and this caused an extremely heated conversation between Y/N and Tae. I managed to keep everything under control, Jungkook helped as did Jisoo but I really don't have a good feeling about this Joon."

"Y/N and Taehyung okay now?" Namjoon enquired, concerned for the two.

"They're fine, she came home with us and as you've probably noticed Taehyung has blocked us all out of his thoughts and locked his bedroom door which can only mean....." Jimin smirked, not really needing to finish as Namjoon knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Well, at least they're okay." Namjoon chuckled.

"Joon are we going to survive this? Why is Hunter not attacking us?"

"Because he's playing mind games, it's what he does best." Yoongi spoke from the doorway, shoulder leaning against the frame as his eyes surveyed their territory.

"I've know him, spent long enough with his pack to know exactly how they like to do things. They won't attack, Hunter will want to break us first before planning anything else."

Jungkook was the next to make his appearance, he was crossing the clearing and pulling a pair of shorts on after his survalliance of the rival camp.

"What news do you bring Jungkook?" Namjoon questioned, making room for the youngest member so he could sit in the middle of himself and Jimin.

"Nothing new, rival pack all accounted for and they're showing no signs of moving tonight." Jungkook winced, eyes squeezing shut as his muscles constricted painfully following the shift back to his human form.

"Here, take this." Jin walked out of the kitchen with a large glass of water which he handed to Jungkook.

"Thanks hyung." Jungkook smiled as he accepted the glass, holding out his other hand as Jin opened a bottle of painkillers. It wouldn't do much to stop the painful spasms but it would ease it somewhat.