Chapter Thirty Five ~ My Story

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." Tae finally removed his hands so Y/N could see the surprise he worked so hard on making perfect for her.

"Tae you did this?" Her eyes wide as she took everything in.

"I did, do you like it?" He was nervous, it wasn't like the two of them hadn't gone out on dates before but this was different. Tae had done this himself plus this date wasn't going to be a standard one, this was where he would strip himself down and become emotionally vulnerable in a way he never imagined he would with another person.

"Tae are you kidding me....this is so beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it my love." Tae gently brushed her hair around one shoulder so he could kiss along the curve of her neck. "Now go sit down, I want to take a picture of you."

Y/N gave a nod and Tae chuckled at how she blushed. "Look out at the lake, I want to take one of you enjoying the view." Taehyung moved closer as she got comfortable on the blanket, the soft glow of the tealights he made sure Jungkook lit before they arrived cast beautiful patterns across the blanket. She looked like a fucking angel....his angel.

There was soft click from behind her as Taehyung took the picture, she smiled and waited for him to join her as she looked over the lake

"You look adorable." He sat down beside her and held the camera closer so she could see.

"I can't believe you did all this." She smiled, turning her attention back to the stunning view. A deep sense of serenity overcame her as she stared in rapture at the expanse of blue that lay before her. Rays of lights danced delicately across the water, birthed from the afternoon sun that both limited her sight and made the view all the more beautiful.

"I always believed that lakes are like the finest of mirrors, never showing exactly what is above, but converting it to a image so beautifully smudged and broken. The weeping willow, the clouds above, all become a Monet - all free for the looking. Sure, it's transient, changing by the day, but that's what makes it all the more precious. I can walk here every day and always it will be both different and the same." Taehyung spoke softly, his arm wrapping around Y/N's waist and pulling her closer.

"Tae that was beautiful, I didn't know just how poetic you could be." She teased as he placed his chin on her shoulder.

"You'd be surprised at what I can do sweetheart." He playfully nipped the lobe of her ear as his long legs came around her so she could lay back against his chest.

"Tell me your story Taehyung....please." Y/N desired to know more, she wanted the connection she already felt for him to run deeper and knowing his story would do that.

"I loved my family, we didn't have much but that didn't matter because the most important thing to us was each other. My parents had their own farm, we worked the land and my job was to look after the horses."