Chapter Sixty Six ~ Grief 2/4

Y/N couldn't breathe, she tried between harrowing cries but not even Taehyung's arms around her as he pressed kisses to her forehead could stop the relentless onslaught of grief.

This was her fault......Bam was dead because of her ridiculous decision to take a midnight stroll through the woods. He never left her that night, he was taken.

"I did this, Tae this was my fault."

"My love please don't think that way, you didn't know something like this would happen." His fingertips rubbed soothing circles over the small of her back, lips brushing against her ear as he continued to whisper over and over that this wasn't her fault but she knew it was.

Bam wasn't just her friend, he was family and now because she was reckless and selfish he was dead and she would never be able to forgive herself.

Taehyung had never felt pain like it, with every gut-wrenching sob that emitted from her precious lips a part of him shattered. It was his destiny to be with this beautiful woman, to love her and make her nothing but blissfully happy and he was already failing.

The young wolf knew exactly what is was like to lose someone you love, he himself lost his entire family and the pain he experienced that day he wouldn't even want to wish on his worst enemy let alone the woman his heart belonged to.

"I'm so sorry my love, please tell me how to fix this.....to know you're hurting this badly rips me apart inside."

"It's my fault, he's dead because of me. I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry."

Taehyung would do whatever he could to see her smile again, it was the only thing that mattered to him and failure was not an option.

"I love you, I love you so much sweetheart. I'll make them pay, I promise you they won't get away with this." If possible her sobs grew louder at his words and as they did another piece of him broke, he was at a loss for what to do.

"Shhh my love, you'll make yourself sick. I want to take your pain away, I'm so sorry that I can't." He pulled her closer, lips pressing gentle kisses to her forehead.

"I'm here my love, I'll never let go." Taehyung wouldn't rest until she did, she would remain in his embrace until the sobs ceased and if anyone attempted to prise him away they would be greeted with downright refusal.

"Where is she?! Let me see her."

Taehyung furrowed his brow at the voice coming from upstairs, what was Jisoo doing here?

"Taehyung is with her, just leave them alone for now." Jimin answered as the door to the basement opened.

"I'm not leaving her alone, the pain she's feeling is doubled for me because of our connection and it's causing my magic to become erratic and believe me there's nothing more dangerous than a witch who can't control her powers."

Taehyung didn't like that, what the hell was she talking about? What connection? Y/N was his, she was his responsibility and nobody would be taking that away from him.

"Y/N." Jisoo breathed out once she reached them.

"I wouldn't do that." Jimin gently took her arm before she could step any closer, he knew Taehyung well enough to see the younger wolf was not appreciating Jisoo's interruption.

"Christ.....seriously get a grip Taehyung." Jisoo pulled her arm free and moved closer. "I'm not here to take her from you so calm down, she just needs help resting and then we can talk and I'll explain everything."

Taehyung knew his reaction was a little extreme but he couldn't help the mate bond and how it made him feel, it was his responsibility to make Y/N feel better and if he couldn't do that he was already failing her as a mate.

"Taehyung, let me help.....please. It hurts me just as much as it hurts you to see her like this, I can make it stop so she can rest."

Taehyung pulled his girl closer as Jisoo approached them, he didn't want her leaving the safety of his arms.

"Taehyung please, look at her......she's not herself, she doesn't even know what's going on around her as she's that consumed with grief." Jisoo slowly knelt down, eyes meeting his.

"Okay.....but she stays with me. I can't let her go, do whatever you have to but she stays in my arms."

Jisoo gave a small smile. "Deal."

Taehyung gave a nod, watching as Jisoo placed her left hand over Y/N's forehead.

"Reliqua." Taehyung watched in awe as Jisoo's eyes turned from their usual brown to the brightest blue, whatever word she spoke seemed to do the trick as Y/N's sobs ceased.

"What did you do?" Taehyung questioned as he looked down at his now sleeping mate.

"I placed her under a restoration spell, she's perfectly fine and will wake in around six hours. I just couldn't deal with the pain she was going through, it was breaking me apart inside." Jisoo's voice broke and in that moment Taehyung knew there was no need for him to be jealous or protective, they needed to work together.

"I appreciate you helping, we've got lots to talk about but first we need to get her somewhere more comfortable."

"Help me Jimin."

Taehyung used the pack link to ask his brother for assistance, he wasn't strong enough to carry her as all the emotion turmoil that was passed through the mate bond had left him incredibly weak.

"I'm here, let me help. It's okay Tae, she's safe with me." Jimin gently wrapped one arm around her back and the other just under her knees.

"Be careful, support her head." Taehyung pushed himself up quickly, making sure her head was resting against Jimin's shoulder as they headed up.

"Is she okay? Can I do anything to help?" Jungkook appeared at the top of the stairs, holding the basement door open for them.

"She's okay, just grab us some extra blankets." Jisoo replied, avoiding eye contact as best she could.

Jungkook gave a nod, watching as the four headed to Taehyung's room. 

She belongs to us Jungkook, why do you deny us the chance to mark her?

Not now Hwanung, now isn't the time for questions.

Jungkook.....

You know why, she doesn't need us yet and so we wait.

How long?! How long must we wait.

However long it takes.

Jungkook gathered some extra blankets and headed upstairs, it was going to be extremely difficult for him to keep his wolf from going crazy around Jisoo but whatever she needed he would gladly provide her with and right now she needed blankets.

One step at a time Jungkook, just be there for her