Chapter Seventy four ~ Silence & Apologies

Taehyung hadn't spoken to her since they started driving, his knuckles were white from the sheer amount of pressure he was applying to the wheel and his usual gentle dark eyes were narrowed.

"Are you mad at me?" Y/N finally broke the silence, she simply couldn't stand this and needed to make amends.

She was wrong, her words hurtful and incredibly immature but she wasn't thinking straight and was still hurting over the death of her friend.

Surely Taehyung understood that.

He wouldn't stay mad at her for long right?

Taehyung didn't respond, he couldn't because the moment he opened his mouth he was going to say something he would most likely regret so instead he simply shook his head and focused on the road.

Y/N could make out the twitch in his jaw, that only ever happened when he was upset about something.

"I'm sorry Tae, please forgive me." Y/N would try one last time to build a bridge, to make amends for her childish behaviour.

Taehyung couldn't stand the sad lilt to her voice, it tugged at his heart and caused his concentration to falter.

"It's fine, just let me focus on getting you home safe." His tone was a little too harsh, he noticed the way she flinched and shrunk back in her seat and suddenly he felt like the worlds worst boyfriend.

"It's fine my love, really." He said, softer this time.

Taehyung would take her home and then park somewhere out of sight, there was absolutely no fucking way that he was going to leave her without protection.

The pack were fine, Jungkook was currently patrolling the border of their territory and promised to let him know if the rival pack made a move.

The car wouldn't be the most comfortable of places to sleep but he wouldn't be doing much of that anyway, he would be keeping a watchful eye over his mate as she slept.

Taehyung was still angry with her over their argument, how could she think he would reject her? Doesn't she understand just how much he fucking loves her, adores her? Taehyung could take most of what she was throwing at him but the moment she questioned their bond it was too much and too far.

He would eventually forgive her, of course he would but for now she needed to learn her lesson and that lesson was to never question his love for her or what they share ever again.

Y/N didn't know what else to say, she had never seen Taehyung so upset and angry with her.

It didn't feel right, she hated the icy atmosphere between them and was trying to desperately find the right words to make everything alright between them.

Maybe they just needed space?

Did she want space though? Did she want to be without him for a night?

Taehyung slowed his car to a stop once they reached her house but kept his eyes focused on the road, was he really not even going to look at her?

"So, you'll be at school tomorrow right?" Y/N asked, hating the way her voice trembled and hoping Taehyung hadn't noticed.

He did, of course he did.

Taehyung wanted so badly to pull her across his lap, whisper sweet nothings into her ear and take her back home with him but he couldn't.

He was still so angry.

"Yeah, I'll meet you at the gates." He replied, keeping his eyes on the road, hands twisting and applying more pressure to the wheel.