Chapter Seventy Nine ~ Scintilla

Time takes it all whether you want it to or not, time takes it all. Time bares it away, and in the end there is only darkness. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again ~

 Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again ~

Lex & Bam

Lex & Bam.

To watch a human undergo their first transformation isn't a pleasant experience but when that person is your mate it only makes the experience far worse, you could even say it was unbearable.

Lex couldn't stand to hear the cries of agony or the popping of bones for much longer but to leave Bam alone would be worse, it was her responsibility to care for him during this horrific transformation and even if he begged her to go she simply couldn't.

They were connected, never would she leave him.

Lex had been terrified at first, she had hidden him far enough away from camp but what if his cries of pain carried on the wind?

What if Hunter discovered her secret?

He wouldn't care that Lex had found her mate, she had done the unthinkable and betrayed her alpha and the moment he discovered this not only would she be dead but so would Bam.

She knew what to do.

She had a plan.

She couldn't lose her mate.

"You said this would hurt but didn't expect it to be this bad?" Bam rolled over, spitting out blood as the pain subsided.

They both knew that it wouldn't be long until the pain started again, it was how it worked the first time a human transformed.

Bones would break and fuse together again.

Skin would stretch.

The jaw would dislocate.

Teeth would become loose, eventually falling out before allowing new ones to push through.

So far Bam had survived the latter, Lex knew what came next and she was afraid to tell him.