5

(Y/N POV)

You're not like anyone else, you know?

I didn't answer anymore questions that day. This was a mission, not really a school. Well, it WAS really a school, but not for me. I probably should save the learning to the other students, because it seems like they need it.

I was waiting outside the school for Peter, but he probably wouldn't be out for another half hour. Why? Because I MAY have ditched free period to be out here before the crowd. I pulled out my phone and called my dad, to tell him where I was going.

"I can't talk right now, a little busy..." I heard my dad say as soon as he picked up, "Just tell me what you need and be quick about it."

I heard the sound of explosions in the background, and his voice was cutting off because of bad signal.

"Dad, where are you?"

"I'm at the tower, I just may have accidentally set something off and burned my lab?"

"Just tell FRIDAY to turn on the sprinkler!"

"BUT THE SPRINKLER EXPLODED DUE TO THE EXPLOSION!" He said, panicking.

"DAD CALM DOWN YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DIE JUST GRAB THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!"

There was a moment of silence on the other side of the phone line, before the sound of air hitting fire floated through my phone speaker.

"Thanks." my dad said, "I forgot we had one of those..."

I laughed, realizing my dad had spent too much time with technology and forgot about a fire extinguisher. I bet he forgot how to use a microwave, since the one in the tower is automatic. All you have to do is put some food in and it does it for you.

"So what were you saying?" he said, breaking my thoughts.

"Oh, I won't be back home until a little later," I mentioned, "Peter asked me to a sandwich shop."

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU TWO ARE DATING I'LL KILL THAT SON OF A SPIDER!"

"Dad." I said, rolling my eyes, "We aren't dating for Bucky's sake!"

"I really don't like how you used Bucky's name instead of 'christ', but fine. I'm watching you child, if he lays as much as a FINGER on you, I'm calling the police!"

"Okay, bye dad, go explode more stuff!" I said, before hanging up.

I laughed at how annoyed he seemed when I said 'for Bucky's sake', but to be honest, Bucky is Jesus and the holy spirit.

Once the school bell rang, I saw peter run out of the school. He seemed to be head over heels when he saw me, because he tripped over his own feet and fell down the long flight of stairs.

"Holy Stark...." I muttered, running over to him. "Peter!"

He lied motionless at the bottom of the stairs, his backpack lying a few feet in front of him.

"Hey, Parker!" I yelled, "Wake up!"

His eyes slowly fluttered open, and he stared up at me with big brown puppy eyes. He grinned when he saw me hovering over him,

"Did I fall for you already?" He mumbled, sitting up.

I shoved him back down and shook my head. This boy was going to be the death of me.

"I hate you." I grinned, "You're mean for making me fall for that."

"The fall wasn't fake, I just tripped or something." he said sheepishly. "Yeah I forgot to tie my shoes."

I looked down at his sneakers which were both double knotted. I know for a fact he didn't trip over his laces.

"Get up you lazy butt and let's get some food." I said, poking at his foot.

"I can't, I have to wait till Ned gets here!" he complained. "I can't go anywhere without him as my emotional support, or I'll get nervous and start freaking out!"

"Why would you freak out? All were doing is grabbing some food."

"Well, when you put it like THAT....."

I didn't say anything but instead noticed a familiar face stumbled down the stairs. I assumed it was Ned, the boy I had seen walking around with Peter in Physics. He had a cute hat on, and a plaid shirt around a solid red one.

"Hey peter, hey Mila," he said with a smile, "sorry I'm late, I was talking to Betty."

"Nice hat, dude!" I complimented, "My dad would never be able to pull that off, and he wears designer."

"Dang, you must be crazy rich if he wears designer." Peter cut in.

Crap, I should probably take that back. I couldn't have them even thinking that I came from a wealthy family. There weren't many people walking around in designer clothes every day, so I had to keep a low profile.

"Designer SHOE WAREHOUSE!" I said quickly. "Not designer designer, more of like knock off brand stuff."

"Oh, that makes a little more sense."

"So, are we going to stand here awkwardly, or get some food?" I suggest, "cause I'm really hungry."

"O-oh, yeah." Peter said, standing up from the ground. "Food. yes. Let's get food."

As we started walking, I kept my pace a couple steps in front of the two boys. I could still hear their conversations though.

"She's nice," Ned whispered to Peter, "and she likes my hat."

〄〄〄 

hOw mYsTeRiOuS ;)

hOw mYsTeRiOuS ;)

  〄〄〄