11

(Y/N POV)

Well this is awkward

"I'd prefer if you stayed at Happy's house today." My dad told me, "There's an tour of the tower today, and I don't want people seeing you and knowing your my daughter."

Okay, I know that sounds really bad, but in all honesty I understood. If people found out the famous Tony Stark had a secret daughter. I'd be put in immediate danger, and people would accuse my dad of abandoning my mother. It's actually the other way around, but who was going to believe us?

"Got it." I said, "Have fun daddyo."

I slipped into the elevator, my backpack slung around my shoulder. I didn't really mind, I had plans to hang out with Peter today. Peter's my best friend, and I looked forward to seeing him today.

As soon as I reached ground level, I snuck out the back door and into Happy's car.

"I don't care how late you come home Kid, just don't get me in trouble with the boss." Happy said, as soon as I sat down.

"Don't worry Happy, I'm just hanging out with Pete."

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"No."

I didn't see Peter in that way in the least. He was my friend, and liking him seemed to be unrealistic. I had way better things to bother about than if he looked attractive.

We drove all the way down to Midtown, and Happy dropped me off a block away. I said my goodbyes, and heading into the school, just as the bell rang. Thank god I missed the crowds.

"Late AGAIN, Mrs. Waters." My teacher said when I walked in the door. "One more tardy, and your getting detention."

I flashed a smile at her, and sat down in my seat. Little did she know, I couldn't get detentions on my school report. My dad made a call to the school, and since I'm only there on 'business terms', nothing I earned in class meant anything.

Class started, and I pulled out my notebook and pen. As the teacher's voice droned on and on, I started to doodle little doodles on my paper. I drew a picture of my dad sitting on top of the world, and me sitting on mars.

Hee hee.

"Psst!" I heard someone whisper from behind me. "Mila!"

I slowly turned around, and saw peter smiling at me. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he handed me a sheet of paper. I took the little note from him and read it silently.

I have a surprise for you, and I think you'll like it! -Peter

I smiled, and scribbled a response underneath his sentence. Folding the paper up again, I flipped it behind me for him to catch.

I don't like surprises, but oh well -Mila

I heard Peter let out a short laugh, before tucking the note into his backpack. The rest of class went by, and He managed to keep quiet the whole time. Throughout the school day, he kept sending me smirks. Each time I caught him, I'd get more and more curious about what this 'surprise' was.

"Okay, schools over," I said, once the bell rang, "now tell me where we're going."

"Afraid I can't do that." Peter said smugly.

"Plleeeeaaaassseeeee?"

"Nope!"

"I despise you."

"Ahahahah, sure."

I narrowed my eyes playfully as we walked out of the school. He led me to the train station, but I was confused on why he was taking the line to Manhattan and not southern Queens. His apartment was in the opposite direction.

As the train moved forward, I lurched backwards in shock. Being someone who had never ridden a train before, I was not expecting it to be this rickety.

"You good there?" Peter said, catching onto my wrist and pulling me back rather quickly. "I take it you don't ride the train much."

I shook my head. He laughed, and let go of my wrist. We passed a couple more stops, and I started to recognize some familiar areas. I noticed Happy's apartment building a couple blocks from the tower, and I smi--

Wait.

I wasn't supposed to be near the tower! Where the heck were you taking me Peter, it better be past Manhattan and somewhere in California.

"Hey, were getting off at this stop." Peter whispered into my ear, pressing me towards the door.

"Oh.... ok."

As soon as the train stopped, we got off and onto the platform. He grabbed my hand, and led me down the stairs and towards the place I did not want to be. I had a really bad feeling about this, and I wish I just stayed on the train. As soon as we reached Peter's destination, he opened his arms and smiled widely.

"Welcome to Stark Tower!" He exclaimed.