19

(Y/N POV)

In over my head.

Germany, 12:09 am

.......

We had just touched down in the Berlin Schönefeld Airport, flying in my dad's private jet. I'd never ridden in an actual plane before, since I was never allowed to leave the house usually, so my ears weren't popping and I was feeling seriously jetlagged.

"Feeling okay?" my dad asked, "it's your first time in another country."

"And in another city. It feels strange to be anywhere but Manhattan."

I hopped out of my seat and walked down the plane aisle. I saw Happy trudging along the road outside of the plane, dragging three of my father's suitcases at the same time. Poor guy, he definitely needs a raise for the work he does for the Stark family.

I stumbled down the jet staircase and ran after Happy, who was a good few feet in front of me.

"Hey, I can take one of those," I said holding out my right hand.

He looked stunned that I was offering, because in all honesty it's the first time I ever did. But finally leaving the tower, leaving the city, leaving the country, made me feel like a different person. Like there was so much more I could do.

"Are you sure?" he asked, "if this is a joke your dad is trying to pull on me I swe-"

"It's not a joke, I just want to help."

"oH- okay then, here you go."

He kicked one of the suitcases onto its feet and twisted the handle towards me. I grinned, and grabbed it with my hand. As soon as I started walking, I was almost pulled back by its weight.

Throughout my years at the tower, I had regular trips to the 12th floor gym, but whatever was in this bag was heavy. I decided not to question it, and dragged it with me as best as I could.

"What in god's name are you doing," I heard my dad say, "are you carrying a suitcase?"

I stopped rolling the bag and turned to face him. He had one of those 'that shirt, with those shoes' look on his face, but instead it was more of 'my daughter, with my suitcase' kind of thing.

"Actually, I'm dragging your suitcase. There's a difference."

"But why isn't Happy holding it? Where is Happy?"

"He's holding the other two of our suitcases. I offered to help, that's it."

The word offer was not in anyway part of my regular vocabulary. My father was just as shocked as I was, because I had never really volunteered to do anything in my lifetime.

"Well, I'm just going to go now," I said, grabbing the suitcase and speeding off.

.........

"I need you to fix my helmet's telecommunicator," my dad said, tossing me his suit piece, "do you remember how to do that?"

"Why can't you do it yourself?"

My dad threw me one of his disappointed glares. I pursed my lips, waiting for his response.

"I only brought you to Germany so you could help me get things done," he stated, "I'm extremely busy, and I don't have time to do it myself."

"May I ask what things are keeping you 'busy'?"

"I have to meet with Happy, because he's getting on a flight back to Manhattan to pick up the Parker-boy. Then I have to meet with some other people who will assist me in finding that idiot Steve and his buddies before they go off and get thrown in jail. Trust me, I'm busy."

"Got it."

He left the room, taking the tension between us with him. I knew I could be a handful, especially when my dad is in the middle of a huge Avenger mess, but I just couldn't sympathize with him. He kept me hidden all these years, because he's scared that someone would find out about me.

He tells me it's for my safety, but lately I've been starting to think it's for his reputation. If people found out the 'great' Tony Stark was ditched by an ordinary woman, he'd be a laughing stock. But of course, it's his pride over his daughter.

I flicked the side of his helmet with my fingers, and walked over to my workshop bench. The room my father had given was big; you could fit two average sized living rooms inside.

"Friday, how long do you think I have before my dad comes back?" I asked.

"Based off of your father's schedule, give or take 5 hours." her voice said from the portable watch I had on my wrist.

"Do I have time to sneak out?"

"I would not advise it. It's only the afternoon here in Berlin, so someone noticing you would be almost inevitable."

"What do you mean, someone would notice me? I'm sure the people here don't know who I am."

"Your father has agents keeping tabs on you. Do not think he'd let you go so easily. Your safety is very important to him."

I scoffed, but didn't say anything else. Grabbing a plier from the workbench, I split open the helmet and began to fix the telecommunicator

The faster I could be done with this, the more time I had to plan my escape.