32

(Y/N POV)

Modest with the jewels, but check my bank.

"Can I hold your hand again?"

It was my first relationship, and yet I could still tell that Peter was far more worried than any normal boyfriend. Although technically, he isn't normal in anyway. It's really strange to think that you're dating a half-spider, half-human teenage boy.

"Peter," I laughed, "you don't need to ask me every single time you want to hold my hand or kiss me."

His eyes widened, and his cheeks flushed a rosy shade of pink. I bit my lip when I realized I let my thoughts slip out.

"Kiss you?" he stuttered, "I can do that?"

"If you wanted to, yeah."

"But May said to take things slow! Is kissing on the first day slow?!"

"You already told May? I didn't even notice you take your phone out."

"I'm a superhero, I have my ways," he winked.

I smiled softly, and pressed my palm against his. Our arms swung back and forth as we walked, my heart still beating as fast as it was earlier. We both had become silent, more interested in being in each other's company than talking; Peter became antsy after awhile.

"Wait, so can I kiss you then?" he asked abruptly, as if the question had been on his mind this whole time.

"Nope," I said, "it's too late."

"What? That's not fair!"

"Well I want my first kiss to be meaningful, not on a crowded sidewalk."

"Good point."

"Do you want to grab dinner?" I asked, gazing up at his dark brown eyes.

His lips curled up into a smile, and he gripped my hand even harder. I had never been allowed to stay as late as dinner time, but since my dad clearly had no say anymore, I could do whatever I wanted.

"Yeah!" He said happily, "I'd love to!"

"What's on your mind, then?"

"Tacos?"

I raised an eyebrow, my stomach urging me to say no to his suggestion. A couple years ago I tried taco bell, but it wasn't made right. Cue the next week spent barfing in the toilet due to salmonella in the lettuce.

"Can we try something else?" I asked, "I'm sorry, I don't like tacos."

Peter shoved his hand in his pocket and pulled out his phone, heading towards the Yelp app. He scrolled through the Restaurants Near You section, and stopped when he came across the perfect idea.

"How does shawarma sound?" He asked, flipping the phone screen to show me.

"I don't mind! Do you want to go?"

"Yeah, I've only had it a couple times."

"Perfect!"

We checked the address, and started to make our way down the busy streets on Germany. Normally tourists would take it upon themselves to eat german cuisine when they visit, but I wasn't a tourist. I was only here for my dad and for Peter; Only one of them was my main concern at the moment.

"I know this sounds forward," he started, "but when can I meet your parents?"

"My parents?"

"Yeah, it's been almost a year now, and I've never even seen your house."

"Uh-yeah. I really only live with my dad, and he's REALLY anti-social!"

"Really?oh-hah. So I can't meet him? Ever?"

"Maybe?" I said, stretching out the last part of the word.

Peter's face fell a little, but he didn't lessen his grip on my hand. We finally turned the last corner to the shawarma place, and peter held open the door for me as I walked inside.

"Thanks," I teased, "such a gentleman."

"Only for milady."

I blushed, and waiting for him to follow me inside, before grabbing his hand again. It's only been an hour, but I didn't want to spend a moment part with him. Great, not we're that clingy couple everyone sees on the street. I don't mind, at least Peter and I are finally together.

"MR. STARK!" Peter yelled, "HI!"

My eyes flashed over to the table in the far corner of the restaurant, and my stomach dropped when I saw my dad and Happy deep in conversation.

Well, not anymore.