8

(Y/N POV)

How can the innocent be guilty?

"Y/N, there's something I need to tell you."

I looked up from my computer, and saw my dad hovering over me. I cast him a questioning glance, and went back to writing down my theories. I had been too captivated by the work in front of me to realize I had been sitting here for hours.

"Yeah?" I said, shutting off my laptop, "what's up?"

He threw a portable projector on the table, watching it roll to the center. It latched itself to the metal surface, and stared to project a tinted image in front of me.

It was a picture of the news, from just a few hours ago. A huge headline covered most of the projection, and a small blurry picture was featured at the bottom. It read:

Bomb set off at United Nations Conference: King of Wakanda Killed, and others injured

Just today, a bomb was set off in Vienna, Austria killing King T'Chaka of Wakanda. Many were injured, and the culprit for this case is suspected to be James Buchanan Barnes; He is also known as the Winter Soldier.

I started at the screen in confusion. What was going on? I had never met Bucky, but Steve always tells me he's a great guy and deserves better. If he did, then why would he go and commit mass murder?

"You done reading?" my dad said. "Good. Because we need to talk about this."

I shifted in my seat, and fiddled with my fingers. Everything about this seemed so confusing, mainly because I hadn't been paying attention to the news lately. And I thought Bucky wasn't possessed or something. Didn't Cap fix him? Why is he bad again?!

My dad told me everything about what happened. He said Steve refused to sign the accords, and is now a war criminal. And apparently Bucky was never a good person and tricked Steve into doing all this stuff.

"So that's why we need you to find out more about this Spider-kid." my dad continued. "Were running short on team members, since Steve took half of the avengers with him, and I need back up."

"But Peter's a teenager. You can't just drag him out of school and take him to germany! He could be killed!"

"He's not going to be killed."

"You don't know that."

"But I will once you tell me what he can do with his powers." my dad said, standing up. "You have until tomorrow to figure him out, because I'm leaving for germany in a few days."

He left the lab, shutting the door behind him. I groaned, and opened my computer again. I continued to work for the rest of the night, trying to figure everything out. I wasn't just going to figure everything about spider-boy out in a day! I can't do that just by looking at Peter's room. I'd need to meet Spider-man in person.

........

I invited Peter to walk with me over to Grayburn park. It was a park in the worst neighborhood of the city, and that's exactly what I wanted. If I could lure peter over there, get myself into trouble, have spiderman come save me, then I'd be able to figure it out!

I brought some mace and a swiss army knife just in case something goes wrong, and set my plan into action.

"So why do you want to go all the way across town for a store?" Peter asked, walking alongside me, "I mean, there's plenty next to the school."

"I just wanted to go somewhere new for once." I mumbled, "and plus, I haven't been shopping before."

I wasn't lying, I haven't. At the tower, you don't have to buy groceries or anything, we just get our stuff delivered. So going to a store will be new for me.