21

(Y/N POV)

Outrunning Karma.

I tore off a piece of tape with my teeth, and wrapped it around my palm. I needed a substance to help me hold onto the fire escape outside of my room's window.

"As much as I support your endeavors with Peter," Friday said, "I do not advise this act of escape. Perhaps the front door could be of use?"

"Friday. Seriously? That's going to get me caught in less than a minute!"

"But it would not endanger your health."

"Life is boring without risks. I'm claiming out this window, and you can't stop me."

I shoved my phone into my leather satchel, and looked around the room for things I'd need. I grabbed pepper spray for emergencies, and a bandana in case someone recognized me.

"I'll be back," I said, "don't tell dad, or I'll freeze your system."

"Goodbye miss Stark. Please exercise caution."

"Whatever Friday."

I opened the window, and looked out into the city in front of me. The sky had turned a shade of dark blue, and lights from people's apartments were scattered around the horizon.

"Woah," I whispered to myself, "why couldn't the avengers live here?"

I grabbed onto a rusty bar in front of me, and adjusted my grip. The fire escape was a couple feet in front of me, which was strange, but I extended my right leg to reach it.

Pulling myself forward, I stumbled onto the metal platform and caught my balance.

"Alright, this mission is a go," I said.

I ran silently down the stairs, careful not to alert anyone, until I reached the ground. As soon as I hopped off the metal staircase, my phone started beeping.

Peter Parker

Where are you? I'm by the airport, do you want me to meet you somewhere?"

I moved aside some of the blacken tape I had on my hand, and typed a quick response back to him.

Me

Meet my at the cafe by the airport

I'm on my way

Peter Parker

Cya there

I ran across the street, only one thought on my mind: Finding Peter. As I was thinking about what I would tell him when I saw him, I didn't look to see where I was running.

A loud horn rang out into the silent city, as an oncoming car screeched to a halt in front of me. I was standing in the middle of the street, bright lights flashing in my eyes, and my stomach dropped in horror when I saw who was in the car.

The man slid open his door, and stepped out of the car, his sleek black shoes echoing across the cobblestones. Excuses ran through my mind as I tried to figure out how to make him believe I wasn't trying to sneak out.

"What do you think you're doing?" Happy said, annoyed, "I could have killed you!"

For the first time in my life, I didn't know what to say. I couldn't say anything. No lie would get me out of this situation, and the fact I almost got hit by a car would give my father reason enough to send me back home.

"Get in the car," Happy said, "you better tell me the truth."

I slowly walked to the front seat, and sat down on the leather chair. Guilt and fear was boiling inside of me, and I waiting till Happy started the car.

"Where were you going?" he asked.

"The a cafe."

"Why?"

"Sightseeing....?"

"That's a lie. Don't lie to me, because I will have your father on the phone without hesitation."

I bit my lip, and stared out into the dark street in front of me. I couldn't make up another excuse again, but if I told the truth, Happy would still tell my father. But what if he didn't?

"I was going to meet peter," I said, "He just got back from the airport."

"I know that. I went to pick him up."

"You did? wait, but then-"

Happy cut me off by clearing his throat. If Happy went to pick Peter up from the airport, why was he in the car with me instead? I watched as the man pressed a button on his steering wheel, and a buzzing noise started to fill the car.

The black separation window started to roll down, and I suddenly was face to face with a pair of dark brown eyes.

"Peter?"