29

(Y/N POV)

Hurts like hell.

Everything seems unreal.

Happy being fired, my dad refusing to talk to me, and the possibility of telling Peter the truth. I just didn't see what the whole problem with that was!

"Friday, where's peter now?" I asked.

"Mr. Parker is at the DuPont Cafe."

"Tell my father I'm leaving."

"If I am being honest Miss Stark, I do not think he'd care."

"Ok. uncalled for. Just forget it."

I grabbed my phone and my backpack from on top of my bed and hurried out of the room. The hotel complex was empty, and I shook my head as I stormed out of the front door. At least that was a benefit from my dad finding out; I could leave like a normal person if I wanted to see Peter.

As soon as I got into the elevator, I pressed the lobby button and waited for the doors to close.

"Uh," I muttered to myself, "hey Pete! I'm not actually Mila!"

I was trying to run over how to tell him in my head. God, my dad was so blatant about telling everyone 'I AM IRON MAN', but I can't even admit I'm his daughter.

"So I am actually a billionaire!" I tried, "great, that makes me sound like a rich prick!"

What if I wrote him a letter? Maybe he could read it while I ran away to hide under a bush and see how he'd react? I shook my head and fell back against the elevator wall.

Soon the doors slid open and I was faced with a crowd of people clamoring to get in. God, I hate these public spaces. I slid my way through the mass of families and adults, a desperate hope not to get trampled.

Once I made it out to the street, I started to walk to the cafe as I rehearsed my confession.

"Sorry I lied to you," I started, "but I'm your boss's daughter and I'm actually allowed to date you now."

Wait, what if he didn't want to date? He never told me he shared the same feelings, and maybe I was just getting ahead of myself?

"I hate having to actually socially interact now," I muttered, "take me back to my days of captain america videos."

"Oh, so you're a cap kind of girl?"

I spun around and came face to face with a brown haired boy. Or Peter. Or Spider-boy. Or the very attractive person I didn't want to talk to right now.

"PETER!" I exclaimed, "what are you doing here?"

"We're supposed to meet here, you dummy."

"Take that back."

"Take back what you said about cap. I'm obviously cooler than him."

I gasped, and put a hand over my heart. Peter may be amazing, but when it comes to Schmaptian Aschmerica I'm ready to jump off a building to save him. Not that he'd need saving with that six pack oop-

"Whatever Pete," I said, "keep on believing that."

I bit my lip, trying to ignore the hundred thoughts racing through my head. I still haven't figured out a way to tell Peter the truth. I didn't know if I should anymore.

I looked over at the boy, who seemed to be distracted by his own thoughts too. I wonder what he was thinking.

"Everything okay?" I asked, "you seem preoccupied."

"oH! I'm okAy, are yOu okay?" he mumbled, "whyamIaskingthatgah."

"Uh, I'm fine?"

He widened his eyes and stared at the ground. For some reason Peter changed personalities in a split second. At first he was being straightforward about Cap, and now he's flustered for no reason. Unless there is a reason.

"You have to tell me something, don't you?" I asked.

I studied psychology as a side course a couple years ago, so I can read people's behavior easier than most.

"Yeah, how did y-you know?" he stuttered.

"I can tell. You aren't being exactly subtle."

"Oh."

"So? What is it?"

Peter's gaze seemed to travel everywhere but at me, and I waited for him to open his mouth to speak. With every second that passed by, I hoped he would say the words I had been waiting to hear. Unless, he didn't like me like that.

"Pete?" I said softly, "you can tell me."

"Please don't hate me," he mumbled, "or ignore me after."

"I'd never do that, just tell me. It's okay."

He wiped the sweat off his forehead and sighed. Picking at his nails, he inhaled and finally confessed.

"I like you, Mila," he said, "and I don't know why."

*****

wow so they're making a Bucky x Falcon tv show!!!!!!

*****