14

(Y/N POV)

You don't control me.

"Why on EARTH would you think that was a good idea?"

My dad slammed the door shut to his office, and stalked over to me in anger. I stared at the floor, trying not to listen to him.

"You almost risked revealing your identity!" He said, pacing back and forth. "And if that happened, everything would spiral out of control. Your supposed to be WATCHING Parker, not TAKING HIM ON UNAUTHORIZED FIELD TRIPS!"

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to say anything. I knew I was in the wrong, but being able to let Peter as close as I could to knowing who I am felt good. I wanted him to know, although it was wrong. I wanted him to know the real me, and not 'Mila Waters'.

"Fine," My dad said, walking back to the door, "if you won't apologize, you can leave."

I got up and brushed past him. I didn't want to speak to him, I didn't want look at him.

After he caught Peter and me wandering the halls, he sent Peter home and told him to never come near the tower again. He shouldn't have been so harsh on him, and he shouldn't have said that to him in that way.

...........

The next morning, I woke up on my own terms. The whole tower was eerily silent, but it fit my grumpy mood.

"Friday, where's my father?" I said, throwing on some clothes.

"Currently, Mr. Stark is in the kitchen. Would you like me to inform him of your presence?"

"No. It's fine."

I slumped into the kitchen, ignoring my dad. He was drinking his regular black coffee, and staring at some video footage of some random news anchors.

I grabbed an eggos from the fridge, and threw two in the toaster. I didn't say a word, as I grabbed my backpack and my food.

"Where do you think you're going?" My dad said, turning off the news and staring at me.

"I'm going to school." I replied bluntly, walking away.

As I reached for the door, I realized it was locked. I pulled on the hand,e a couple of times, and turned around in annoyance.

"You're not going to school anymore," my dad said, sipping his drink. "I don't need you spying on the spider boy anymore."

"Fine, I won't spy on him. Just let me go to school."

"No, you're grounded."

"Since when?!"

"since yesterday, when you were caught sneaking around the tower with that boy."

"I hate you."

"I know."

I didn't say anything, as I ran back into my room and slammed the door shut. Throwing my stuff onto the floor, I jumped into my bed and pulled myself under the covers.

"Friday, play videos of Captain America from YouTube please," I muttered.

"Yes, miss Stark."

........

I was depressed.

Ned and Peter were my only friends, and now I was never going to see them again. I stared at the digital clock on my wall, and sighed. School started an hour ago.

My phone was buzzing with texts from Peter, but I didn't feel like responding. What was I going to say? I couldn't tell him that my dad kicked me out of school, and that he should probably forget about me!

I just wanted to see them again.

I just wanted to watch star wars, and play video games, and go get Thai food with Aunt May.

Peter: Mila, are you okay? You weren't in class.

Peter: come on, I know Mr. Stark got mad at us for sneaking around, but I'm sure he forgot about it!

Peter: just text me back, okay? Ned and I are worried about you...

I shut off my phone, not wanting to read his messages. It would make me miss him more.

"Miss Stark, you've been watching the same video for 5 hours. Do you need medical assistance?"

"No Friday, I'm not dying."

"Would you like anti-depressants?"

"I need all of them."

"I will supply you with one pill."

A cabinet under my bed popped out, and one pill was lying in the drawer. I sighed, and threw it into my mouth. These things never work anyways.

"Miss Stark, you have a visitor."

"Show me."

Friday pulled up a security video of my door, and I rolled my eyes. My dad was standing silently outside of the door, dressed in a suit and tie.

"What do you want?"I called out, shoving my head under my pillow.

"I just wanted to tell you I'm heading out," his muffled voice said, "Friday will keep you company when I'm gone."

"Where are you going?"

"No where of importance."

"Just go away then."

He didn't say anything, and turned away from the door. I watched the camera, as he wandered down the hallway and into the elevator.

"Friday, attach a follower bot," I said, "I need to figure out where he's going."

*****

He's so cute omg

He's so cute omg

****