49

IMPORTANT INFORMATION AT BOTTOM OF CHAPTER! DO NOT SKIP!

(Y/N POV)

"Miss Stark," Ethan's voice rang out, "I would suggest you get some sleep."

I had been awake for 34 hours straight, doing nothing but sitting in the cryo room. Much against Happy's wishes, I had no intention of burying Peter. There had to be some way to bring him back.

I had ordered the staff to put him in the freezing chamber to preserve his body as I figure out a solution, but all I could do all night was cry. I knew I had to be stronger than this, but the pain I was feeling was almost unbearable.

"I'm fine Ethan," I mumbled, "I just need coffee."

"Simply waiting will not bring Mr. Parker back to life. If you rest, your chances of finding an answer are much greater."

"What if something goes wrong? I need to be here just in case."

"I will monitor the status of the chamber."

"I don't trust anyone to look after him. I couldn't do it myself, so why would I let you?"

"Very well then, Miss Stark."

I slumped down in my chair, staring at his motionless body. The same person who used to wrap me in warm hugs, was now lying stone cold dead. Peter was dead. Why did I think I could bring him back to life?

As I rested my head on the chamber in front of me, I noticed a soft whir coming from beside my feet.

"Ethan, what's going on?" I said.

"I am unsure."

A circle of red and orange sparks started to enlarge near my chair, before abruptly closing and leaving a small note in its place. I slowly reach down to pick it up, and read the address that was embossed into the white paper.

177a Bleecker Street

*******

I stood outside of the large building, staring up at the spherical window perched at the top of the roof. I'd never been to visit this place, but I remember my father saying he had important business here a couple years ago.

I walked slowly up the steps of the stairs, taking a deep breath as I hit the metal knocker against the door. It swung open immediately, and I expected to see someone there to greet me, but it was almost deserted.

Who opened the door?

"Hello?" I called out, "Anyone here?"

I felt a sudden gust of wind hit my back, and I flipped around to see a red cloak floating a few feet off the ground. It seemed to wave at me, before descending the stairs. I quickly followed after it, stopping every once in a while to admire the ancient artifacts on display.