48

 I promised it would get better, and IT WILL

(Y/N POV)

Please, I'll be strong.

It's funny when you think about it, falling. That moment when everyone becomes entirely helpless, leaving their mind to think about everything.

I could only think about Peter, and the look on his face when I took my final step into air. It seemed as if the world stopped between us, and all we saw was each other. I wonder what he was thinking at the time, watching me plunge to my apparent death.

Of course, he didn't know what I was doing.

As I watched the ground come closer by the second, I took a deep breath and tapped my watch twice.

"Ethan," I yelled against the wind, "let's do this."

I watched as my watch opened up into a control panel, my improved nano-technology creeping up my arm and surrounding my body. As the suit snaked around my back and onto the rest of my limbs, I closed my eyes to take in what was happening.

The last suit my father wore was left for me, and whenever I needed something to cope with, I'd start repairing it. I hid it in my watch in the hopes no one would notice, but when Talos brought it up on the car ride to Venice, I realized I hadn't been as discreet as I wanted.

"Welcome Miss Stark," I heard Ethan's voice say, "to Mark 3000."

I thrust my arms down, my repulsors lifting me up towards the roof I had previously jumped off of. To my relief, Peter wasn't hanging for his life anymore.

But Mysterio would be soon, since he decided to mess with the Stark Family.

I flew up above the building, hovering over the looming structure as I searched for the villain. Mysterio was dragging Peter towards the doorway, yelling for him to stay quiet.

Peter was screaming my name, clawing at the ground as tears stained his face. It broke my heart to see him in that much pain, and all I wanted to do was hug him and tell him I'm alright.