A Skeletal Helping Hand

Ana's POV

The room smells like bleach. I'm alone. My face and ears are cold even though I feel my body is weighed down my heavy blankets. Christian is gone. They took him from me. No one believes in our love. My fifty is gone and with him all the good in the world.

My legs bend on their own and the pressure on my back is relieved. Blankets no longer weigh me down but sweet cologne and hot breeze rectify my numbing face. They failed. Christian will never leave me.

Christian's POV

    Home. I mused, as we arrived in the underground parking at Escala. Ana lay her head on my shoulder and I knew I'd have to carry her to the elevator and to bed. I leaned down to smell her hair and the hospital odors invaded my senses.

That wasn't what Ana was supposed to be like. She'd need a bath and a fresh change of clothes. I glanced up to Taylor. "Call Gail. Tell her to run a bath for Ana and I."

"Of course Mr Grey."

I climbed out of the Audi pulling Ana with me and held her body tightly against mine. They'd never touch her again. Not Kate or Jose or Elliot. It didn't matter if my brother had believed me. He had helped them try to take her away from me and that wasn't something I was going to get past easily. Or ever.

The elevator ride up to my penthouse was both too long and too short. I wanted to warm up the shivering woman in my arms but I also wanted to keep her there as long as possible. Her swollen supple lips needed to be mine for the kissing again.

Not asleep, Grey.

Consent. Consent was the difference between bringing the love of my life home and being locked in a prison cell at this very moment. I'd always valued the permission of my submissives above all else because it allowed me to exert the power I needed over them. Any damage done in the process, from burns to welts, was absolved because they had been of sound mind while signing out contract. Consent was something I understood.

Then why do you feel so guilty?

To that I didn't have an answer. Ana groaned against my chest, protesting being woken up, and I took her to the bathroom making sure to dim the lights at every switch I met. Gail had filled the tub and the mirrors were covered in a thick layer of steam. I placed Ana on her feet and steadied her then assisted in removing her clothes.

Anastasia smiled sleepily at me. "Thank you, Mr Grey. Will you be joining me?" Her voice was both sultry and exhausted.

I nodded. Letting her fall asleep in the tub was not something I wanted to make a habit of doing. "Can't have you drowning on me." I winked.

We climbed into the tub and I let her soak for a while before using a cup on the edge of the bed to wet, wash and condition her hair. Then I lathered up some body wash on her loofah and washed Anastasia's back. She moaned gently.

"You like that?" I asked, a smile playing at the edges of my lips.

"Mhmm," She groaned with pleasure.

My hands worked up to her shoulders and down her arms. I didn't want to leave any trace of the signature hospital antiseptic scent on her skin. "It's good to have you home." I kissed my favorite spot behind her ear and she shivered.