5. The Dream

"Told you that it won't be the last time you see me~!" He said excitedly, as you immediately cringed. He squealed with excitement, before floating over right infront of you.
"....Forgot....you're a dream demon." You rolled your eyes, as Bill chuckled,
"How many times do I have to tell you my little sketch; I. Am a Dream Demon. Now do you believe me?" Bill asked, poking your nose. You cringed again
"...I didn't say I don't believe you." You mumbled, as Bill chuckled,
"Even if you didn't say it- you still forgot." He patted your head, as then you took a few steps back.
"Haven't you heard of 'personal space'?" You asked, as Bill laughed
"You sound like Pine-Tree." He laughed, as you tilted your head.f
"..'Pine-Tree'?"
"Yep- My nickname for Dipper. Wait..you mean to tell me, he never told you about the nicknames?!" Bill gasped, as you blinked, not impressed.
"....No."
"Oh the irony! Allow me to tell you sketch." He spun his cane around,
"I tend to call Dipper, Mabel, and Soos nicknames." He began, as immediately you blinked
"Wait, Soos? Who is Soos?" You asked, as then he stopped spinning his cane and stared at you wide-eyed
"...You haven't met him yet?" Bill asked, as you shook your head.
"I have only been in Gravity Falls for like, what 2 days or so?" You brought up, as Bill blinked.
"....You'll probably meet him tomorrow or so...give it a few days. Anyway. Can I continue now?" Bill pouted, as you rolled your eyes, nodding, and waving your hand
"Yeah yeah go on. Continue." You sighed, as Bill smirked,
"Thank you sketch."
"Why are you calling me that?" You asked, a bit annoyed.
"You'll know after my story- which you're interrupting." Bill pouted,
"...anyway. As I was saying. I have nicknames for Dipper, Mabel, and Soos. For Dipper- Pine Tree, because of his hat that he wears." Bill pointed over to his own hat.
"And what if Dipper doesn't wear his hat?" You asked,
"With, or without his hat- I will still call him Pine Tree."
"....Okay then.."
"Anyways continuing on, I call Mabel- Shooting Star. This is because when I first met her she was wearing a sweater with a shooting star in it." Bill continued,
"....you're very creative." You said sarcastically, as Bill had a closed eye smile
"Oh why thank you ske- wait a minute. That was sarcasm." He thought it was a praise- until he realized it was sarcasm. His confident face turned to a pout.
"...Anyway....as I was saying. And as for Soos- whom you're going to meet soon- Question Mark. He always wears this shirt with a giant question mark on it. Or at times when I am not in the mood I call him 'fat one'." He smirked, as you gasped
"That's mean." You gasped, as Bill laughed, edging closer
"I know I am." He answered, as you frowned
"What if someone called you 'yellow man'?!" You asked, as Bill winked,
"Then I'd take that as a compliment- especially from you~" He responded, as you widened your eyes slightly and took a few steps back. Bill perked up, then edged closer,
"oh~ what's wrong? Too handsome to handle?" Bill asked, as you shook your head.
"...Like I said. Have you ever heard of Personal Space?" You asked again. Bill blinked, before coming closer to you.
"No my little sketch~" He said in a low tone, as you lost your balance and fell. Bill blinked again, then began laughing.
"Wh-What's so funny?" You asked, a bit nervous at his actions.
"You...You fell..a...and your face!" Bill spoke through his laugh, then began laughing harder. Your eyes widened slightly, watching him
"S..Stop it.." You mumbled, as he laughed harder.
"...S-Stop it right now." You spoke, a bit more firm. Bill eventually looked at you, stopping instantly. You were at least relieved that he stopped, but now he couldn't keep his eyes off of you, to add on, he was silent. You covered your chest, out of habit, as your eyes narrowed.
"Wh...Why are you looking at me like that.." You mumbled,
"...your face." He finally spoke. You perked up, as he went on his feet for the first time in your dream.
"...P-Pardon?" You mumbled, as he went on his knees,
"...Ya look scared sketch." Bill brought up, tilting his head. You sneered at him, trying to hide that emotion. Bill was indeed correct- you were scared from the way he acted.
"...Why do you call me that anyway?" You asked, trying to change the subject. Bill blinked, then perked up.
"OH! I forgot about telling you where I got your nickname from!" He jumped up immediately, startling you.
"Well, you see, sketch. Before you came in the house, well...about a minute before you went to your room. I decided to do a little observation on your hobbies and all that." Bill started, as you turned pale.
"Oh. You. Did. Not." You snapped, as Bill smirked.
"Anndd wellll...I stumbled upon your drawings."
"You little ba-" You hissed, before Bill interrupted you, shaking his finger,
"Tsk tsk tsk sketch. We're trying to keep it PG here." Bill denied your last word.
"Might I say, sketch, your drawings are....interesting." He hesitated on that word.
"What exactly do you mean by...'interesting'?" You repeated, slowly getting up, feeling offended.
"All your drawings are...well...how can I say this. They have a...depressing aura around them." Bill criticized. "They look depressing too." He added, as you growled.
"Might I inform you those-"
"'Drawings are the best ones around and my Granny compliments them'?" Bill interrupted, as you shook your head
"No...no....I find my drawings nice..but...I never..."
"...you never showed these drawings to your family? None at all?" Bill asked, quite surprised. He actually expected you to be silent, for him to finish your sentence. You looked away, eye contact separated from the demon's, shaking your head.
"...Not one." You answered "Neither my mom..nor...my dad...really like drawings like that...so.." You fidgeted, why am I telling a sadistic dream demon all of this?!
"....you were scared to show them..." Bill filled in, "...basically insecurity." He summarized. You stiffened, not saying a word. Bill sighed,
"...well...I gotta admit sketch, you didn't do a bad job on drawing in general." Bill spoke, as you perked up, looking at him.
"Pardon..?"
"You heard me sketch. You are good in general- just...well...maybe you should draw some...good stuff." Bill added, as you blinked. Is he...complimenting...and recommending...my drawings?!
"..Like what?" You asked, as immediately a smirk came on Bill's face. You cringed, I know where this is going.
"...Maybe me?" He said, before doing a pose. Your hand smacked your forehead, groaning.
"Oh yeah, before I forget...sketch?"
"What now."
"..I have a question."
"Like I said earlier- What."
"...When you were walking home with your grandmother, you mentioned 'him'." Bill brought up. Your hand moved away from your face, as you stared at him wide-eyed.
"...About 'him' might hurting everyone here. Why is that? What has this man done to you? Who. Is. He?" He asked, again. You were silent, looking down.
"Well? Care to answer my question sketch?" Bill asked, tilting his head, his foot tapping.
"..it is none of your business." You answered, your eyes latched onto his- glaring. Bill perked up, staring at you. Then a smile forged on his lips.
"...you're not going to tell me?" Bill assumed, as you were silent, your glare never departing. His smile grew wider,
"I see you're doing this the hard way. Fine. You won't have to tell me. I will find out in my own way." He spoke, insanity sparking in his words, his eyes widening by the second.
"Just you wait my little sketch~ You'll spit it out- whether it would be by choice...or by me choking the words out of that mouth of yours." Bill spat, before perking up.
"It seems I am using a bit too much energy here. To add on morning seems to come by the minute as we speak. Ta tah, my little sketch. I'll get those words out soon." He tilted your chin up, his face centimeters away from yours. Soon after, he vanished, as everything went white.
~ ~
Gasping for breath, you sat up from the bed. Cold sweat ran down from your face, your hands clenching onto the bed sheets. You stared down, wide-eyed, before your vision became blurry. Blinking, you notice water coming from your eyes.
Am I....crying..?
Your hand gently came across your cheek, wiping your eyes. Silence filled, as those words that Bill spoke will probably forever taunt you.
"I see you're doing this the hard way. Fine. You won't have to tell me. I will find out in my own way."
"Ta tah, my little sketch. I'll get those words out soon
."
Those words...and the face he made...that insane smile. Sniffing, your head went back to the pillow, your eyes staring at the ceiling. At that moment, when he said those words and gave that horrific smile.
He is the same as dad...I can't escape from this hellhole...can't I...
When you thought that, the alarm went off. Your eyes slowly averted over to your phone, your hand taking it and turning the alarm off. 6:15...slowly you rose from the bed, walking over to your closet and taking out . Once you wore it, you proceeded downstairs, noticing Granny having a conversation.
"G-Granny? I am surprised you're still home." You were surprised- Granny goes to work, usually leaving when you wake up. Granny perked up, looking at you.
"Ah, (y/n)! Come, I want you to meet someone who claims to know you! My, I thought I met all your friends!" Granny spoke, as you raised an eyebrow, taking a peek at the guest, turning pale.
"This is Bill Cipher, he'll be staying when I am gone." Granny introduced, as Bill waved at you, with an insane smile on his face.
I....can't escape this hellhole....