27. Destruction or Motivation?

The hug lasted for a while, to add in it was silent.

You and Bill just stood there....embracing the warmth being created. You didn't care if Bill barried his face on the crook of your neck - you let him. Sure, you felt uneasy with Bill's action, but you didn't let it get to you. You admitted it yourself, you enjoyed this. Although you weren't exactly sure what people call it.

Some say its called a bond. Some say its called love.

At this point, you didn't care. You simply stood there, taking in Bill's warmth....whichyoumissed.

"....(Y/N)!" You heard Mabel scream, breaking your trance of thought. Your eyes slowly averted over to the source, seeing Mabel using her grapple hook and came down from above.

"....you guys were here the whole time?" You asked, quite amazed.

"....We arrived finding Gideon tied up with a concussion." Bill mumbled, chuckling just a little. "You are one badass girl." Bill complimented you.

"Why thank you. Desperate times call for desperate measures." You sighed. "...Shouldn't we uh....stop with the hugging?" You awkwardly asked, pointing out that the hug is still there.

"....you do realize you owe me." Bill mumbled, pulling back from the hug - the gentle expression he gave you earlier still watching you.

"*nickname* O-Oh my  GOSH YOU WERE SO COOL!" Mabel pulled you in a tight hug. "Y-YOU KNOCKED DOWN GIDEON AND WERE ALL BADASS WITH DAVID!" She was so excited. Stanley and Stanford came out by making their exit, while Dipper exited through the front door. Honestly, Dipper maybe the only normal person in this family...

"Kiddo..." Stanley looked at you, his eyes narrowed, "...About your grandmother..." Stanley referred to Granny. You took a deep breath, your gaze averted to the floor.

"....I know."

"I...I am so sorry.." Stanford's voice was trembling.

"....I....It's fine...." You rubbed your arm, unsure on what else to say. Mabel said nothing, she pulled you into another hug, as Bill gently rubbed your back.

"Rggh....that bastard..." Stanley looked up, growling at the place where he stood. "The next time I see him ooohhh he's going to get a bite from Satan himself."

"Stanley." Stanford glanced at his twin.

"Come on! Everyone here hates David! I'm sure everyone here thinks the same way." Stanley snapped, his head jerked to his brother.

"Wait, isn't David still up there?" Dipper asked.

"No." You shook your head, causing everyone's attention. "David isn't the type to stand and stare in awe." You sighed, your eyes averting over to the spot where David use to stand.

"....but you were badass kiddo, telling him what you wanted to say." Stanley smirked at you. "His face was priceless, I am sure of that."

You smirked back at Stanley, "His face was priceless." You nodded, confirming Stanley's statement.

"L-Let's go back to the Mystery Shack then. There is really no point in standing here." Dipper spoke nervously. "Its unsettling in here."

"For the first time in a while I agree with Pine-Tree." Bill finally spoke, however his gaze was where David use to stand.

~..~

When everyone reached the Shack, Bill pulled Mabel over to speak to her for a minute. You didn't notice until you saw Mabel trying not to scream in the corner of your eye. Your gaze averted over to see Bill gesturing you to come with him upstairs - in Dipper and Mabel's bedroom.

"What is it?" You asked, as Bill had you sit on the bed.

"Make yourself comfortable first." Bill mumbled, as you did so - noticing Bill was rubbing his eye tiredly.

"...Okay." You nodded, in position. You sat vertically from the bed, your back rested against the pillows on Mabel's bed. Bill examined the spot, before nodding his head - levitating over you and laid down right beside you.

Your mind clicked.

Your face turned red,

"B-B-B-B-Bill-"

"I told you; you owe me." Bill mumbled tiredly, turning to his side facing you. His hand rested on your lower thigh, as he took a deep breath.

"I guess you can call this repayment or somethin..." He mumbled, his eye slowly closing. You had a heart attack. D-Don't fall asleep please you're making me strangely excited-

"A-Are you going to uh....f-fall asleep or.."

No response.

Oh shit.

You weren't sure on what you were going to do. You felt like you wanted to scream and push him off. Your entire body was trembling, Bill would never make such a bold move...

well....except the attempted kiss-

You smacked your cheeks. No. Don't remember that.

You wanted to run off and hide from all of this....but strangely.

You didn't want to move - not at all. You felt comfortable with him around...you felt.....

s a f e .

Safe....you could never say that word for the entirety of your life. Even with Granny and everyone beside you....you never felt this safe, especially when he wrapped his arm around your lower thighs. A smile automatically curved on your lips, as your hand started stroking his hair.

Thank you....for making me feel safe....

~...~

"This is all hell." Stanley banged his hand against the table. "David isn't going to give up. He'll raise hell here until he gets what he wants."

"I understand, and you know as well as we do that we aren't going to let that happen." Stanford assured, as Stanley jerked his head over to his twin.

"You saw what he did. He killed both her mom and grandmother. That right there ruins the poor thing's motivation on taking him down!" Stanley hissed, "He's destroying her-"

"He isn't." Mabel cut in, staring right at Stanley. Everyone looked at Mabel.

"What are you-"

"(y/n) is a strong woman, and all of this isn't causing destruction inside her....its increasing her motivation." Mabel continued, her fists clenched.

"And what makes you think that?" Stanley asked.

"You said so yourself, Grunkle Stan." Mabel responded, a smile on her face. "'But you were badass kiddo, telling him what you wanted to say'." She repeated his words. Stanley tilted his head, "Pumpkin, what does that have to do with-"

"Remember her response?" Mabel's smile grew a bit. "4 words; 'His face was priceless'. If he destroyed her....would she be able to say that?"
​​​