29. The True Intention

Your eyes stayed on the letter for a long period of time. Your hand went back over to to Bill's hair (you can't stop playing with his hair). Your hand placed the note gently on your lap, then reached for your phone. Scrolling through your contacts, you found Mabel and clicked Messages;

Me; Mabel, come upstairs right now. Something just happened and all of you guys need to see this.

Sent.

You took a shaky breath, waited for about a minute before your phone beeped again. Mabel responded

Mabel; lol did Bill do something?

. . .

Your cheeks were covered with the color red, your fingers rapidly tapping onto the keyboard

Me; N O . Gideon sent me a letter. You got to see this.

You put your phone down, and took the letter off your lap. What did David do, to make Gideon suddenly change sides?

Footsteps were heard, as Mabel rushed in, following everyone else.

"Okay, how did we not know this?" Stanley asked,

"Well, a huge guy went inside and gave me this." You gave Stanford the letter, as everyone read it in silence.

"...This is bullshit." Stanley crossed his arms,

"Stanley.."

"How can someone change sides just like that?" Stanley snapped his fingers, "That't not possible."

"But Grunkle Stan, look on whom we are facing..." Dipper sighed, "This is David we are talking about-"

"And you know who Gideon is." Stanley jerked his head at Dipper. "He could be faking all of this."

"...Lets ask him then." Mabel looked at her Great Uncle.

"How do you plan on-"

"Gideon gave me his number." Mabel took out her phone, "I can text him."

"Why not just call the dork and expose him?" Stanley huffed.

"And if he's telling the truth?" Stanford looked at his twin, "If we call and make David suspicious? We could be the cause of Gideon's death." Stanford looked at Mabel's phone, "I think its best to text."

"Fine..." Stanley rolled his eyes, watching Mabel open up her messages.

"What do I text?" Mabel asked,

"Just say 'Is it true'." Stanford directed her, before (Finally) noticing where Bill was this whole time.

"....Dipper, Mabel, Stanley, could you leave us alone for a minute?" Stanford looked at everyone, "There is something I want to ask (y/n) in private."

"What the hell Ford." Stanley growled, "What do you want with this girl?"

"Its just a few questions, calm down." Stanford rolled  his eyes, "I will join you all later, okay?" Stanford gave his grand niece and nephew a smile. Dipper and Mabel hesitantly made their way out, followed by Stanley soon afterwards. After everyone left, Stanford looked over at you,

"(y/n), how do you feel around Bill now-a-days?" Stanford asked.

".....well...I am not really sure..." You sighed,

"Your hand says otherwise." Stanfords eyes glanced at your hand stroking Bill's hair gently.

"...Well...uh.." Your cheeks hinted in the color red, "...well, if I could find one word it would be-"

"Safe?" Stanford completed your sentence, causing you to stare at Stanford, slowly nodding in response.

"Y..Yeah..."

"I see...(y/n), do you have feelings for him?" Stanford asked.

Silence...

".....I don't know.." You answered quietly. "....I...I really don't know."

"I see..." Stanford glanced at Bill, then back at you.

"I mean....I feel safe and happy around him....and I've been told by Mabel it's-"

"Love. Right?" Stanford sighed, "...It seems like it though. But it's okay if you're unsure about it." Stanford gave you a gentle smile. "Sometimes, time is a friend..." He advised,

"Y-Yeah, but sometimes it can act like a big baby." You giggled. Stanford stiffened a little, before chuckling along with you.

"Indeed....sometimes Time can be a big Baby.." He mumbled.

"...Why do you-" You were interrupted by Mabel bursting in.

"G-Great Uncle Ford, G-Gideon called and w-wants to talk to (y/n)." Mabel was trembling. You gestured her to give you her phone, and when she did, you placed the phone on your ear.

"Gideon?" You called out,

"....(Y-y/n).." You heard Gideon whimper.

"Gideon what happened. What did he do?" You asked, as Stanford mouthed 'put it on speaker'.

"I...I decided to give him a t...test...b-because on what you said earlier...a..and..." Gideon's voice was trembling. "I...I asked him for advice on Mabel....and hi...his...his voice.."

His voice....

"...He told you about taking photos, didn't he..." Your heart dropped, beating low and heavy.

"M-M-M-Mhm....I-I-I am so sorry....t-truly.." He was whispering, his voice still trembling.

"It's okay, calm down. For now, keep cool and continue on working with him, just like you wrote okay?" You assured him, "Let me know of his future plans, and keep playing the role of being evil."

"(y-y/n)..?" Gideon weakly called.

"Yes?"

"....B-Be sure you kill that horrible monster..."

You gave a smirk,

"Oh trust me...I intend to."