23. Cheering Him Up

Granny took a deep sigh, putting the cookies in the oven, Mabel looked upstairs, rubbing her arm.

"Mabel dear? What's the matter?" Granny asked, concerned of Mabel's unusual silent behavior.

"I...Its just..I'm worried about Bill." Mabel looked at Granny. "I..It's not like him to be so..."

"Pale?"

"Y-Yeah, and for him to get nightmares...he never gets them."

"...Everyone gets nightmares sweetie-"

"Bill can't! He's a-" Mabel stopped, "...He's a positive guy." She mumbled, biting her lip - I almost slipped! Granny laughed,

"Even the brightest get nightmares." Granny said with a smile. "Now, how about we go watch some TV. I saved us some movies."

"Y-You did?"

"Yes, I usually watch some with (Y/n) whenever she's home and bored." Granny nodded her head, sitting down on the couch - Mabel soon joined.

~ Meanwhile... ~

"It's just a nightmare....okay?"

"I feel as if it's different in this case."

"I understand...but trust me-"

"Although I do...something else doesn't."

"Something else?"

"Listen, (y/n), please..." He pleaded, "...Give me some time to think about this."

"Sulking about it isn't going to help." You narrowed your eyes.

"I'm not sulking just ple-"

"You're literally on me, not wanting to talk to anyone at all. You're making Mabel worried sick Bill!"

"I understand that-"

"Then why are you still doing it? Look, I don't see the big fuss over some-"

"Because I don't get these kind of things, (y/n)." Bill hissed, getting off of you and staring at you dead in the eye.

"Don't you see? I'm a fucking Dream Demon. I can't get nightmares - or dreams in general. It's scary when I get them - nightmares especially. To make things worse, it revolves around your safety. Have you ever experienced a feeling as if you can't do anything to help others?!" Bill growled, his eye glaring into your (e/c) orbs. You were staring at him in horror, he has never been so...angry to you before. Slowly, your eyes slowly averted to the bed sheets.

"...I have." You mumbled, causing Bill to be quiet. Your fists clenched, recalling the memory.

~ this will be a small flashback ~

"Why can't I hang out with (b/f/n)?!" You hissed at David. A small smirk appeared on his lips,

"Because you can't."

"Why not?!"

"Are you questioning your father?"

"YES I AM." You snapped, your fists clenched out of anger. David began to laugh,

"Oh~? A rebel you are...I like that part of you~" David smirked wide, his breaths grew a bit heavier. "That's what I love most about you....how rebellious you are.." He drew closer to you, "Of how you want answers then and there - without a 'just because' button." He played with your hair. "So how's this, my little rose. I will let you go....if you come with me tonight~" He winked, licking his mouth with his own tongue. You shuddered in disgust -as much as you wanted to smack that hand out, you couldn't. You were stiff - frozen.