22. The Nightmare

A puff of smoke emerged from out of no where, reaching his eyes.

"GAH- WHAT IN THE HELL." His hands immediately covered his eyes. His ears hear footsteps and banging noises.

"STOP ON WHAT EVER YOU'RE DOING!"

He can't move, his eyes burned. He felt hopeless, his vision hazy even with his hands covering it.  A dark chuckle echoed around him,

"WHO'S THERE." Forcing his hands away from his eye, Bill furiously looked around - his eye now red. He wished he could see clearly, but he couldn't - his vision was betraying him.

"Such a pity..." The voice sounded low and....familiar...

Wait...that is-!

"...BILL!" He heard a familiar female voice from the distance, interrupting his train of thought. Bill froze, his stinging eye widened,

"BILL!"

His whole body jerked over to the direction, running towards it immediately, his hand reached out, trying to scream out the person who screamed out his name - his vision slowly turning black.

"(Y/N)!!!!"

Bill's eye shot open, his breath short. He jolted up, gasping loudly, cold sweat running down his back. His vision was a bit hazy due to the sudden jolt.

"...Bill..." He heard you speak, feeling your hand rub his back slowly. "..you were having a nightmare."

Bill's eye slowly met your concerned ones, staring at you in silence, his breath heavy.

"....do...do you want to talk about it?" You asked, a bit uncomfortable. Bill's eye averted back on the sheet, feeling light-headed. He never received a nightmare. It's rare for things like that to occur. His vision grew slightly hazy. Finding you a magnet, his body leaned towards you, his head rested against your shoulder.

U h .

Your cheeks flourished in the color red, shocked on the bold move. Words were trapped in your throat - you wanted to scream. This reminded you of whenever David would glady let himself-

NO.

You shook your head, Bill is different than him. However it did concern you, was the nightmare THAT bad?

"H...Hey....u....uh...." You managed to speak, finally.

"Please be quiet..." Bill mumbled weakly. "....For now..."

That caught your attention, feeling alarmed. That's a first. He never told you to be quiet, or....uh...make physical contact like this. Although it is a rather sudden and bold move, you did feel excited and enjoyed about this. You weren't sure if it was either because new things excite you, or something....else.

Your mind was going crazy, so was your heart and face. You felt as if at this moment your body and mind are completely separate things.

Why?

Because your arms wrapped around him, holding him close.

WELL NOW LET'S CONFUSE MY INNER EMOTIONS EVEN FURTHER, SHALL WE?

You wanted to scream, but...no one's home, right?

"(y/n) sweetie? I'm back!"

Shit. Granny's home.

As much as you wanted Bill off of you, you wanted to keep Bill in your grasp. You weren't exactly sure why, but if Granny comes in and see's all of this, I am finished.

"Where are you honey? Are you in your room?"

You wanted to say "Yes Granny, I am." but you didn't want to bother Bill. He already had a rough time with his nightmare. But it's just Granny, what is the worst-

"Mabel's here too!"

. . .

"....Bill.." You weakly whimpered.

"...Why can't we have some time of peace...." He mumbled in response, slowly blinking, "....just leave it.." He whimpered.

Is....Is Bill whimpering?

Oh Shit what kind of nightmare did he have?

"HEYY MEGA BI-" Mabel was singing her way but froze when her eyes reached your room. Her jaw dropped to the max, gasping rather loudly. You immediately shook your head rapidly, pleading her not to scream. She rapidly moved her arms up and down, gesturing "WHAT AM I SEEING HERE YOUNG LADY?!

"Ah, is she upstairs-" Granny came in and saw the scene.

You wanted to scream. However, unlike Mabel - who is trying her best NOT to scream - Granny looked at Bill with concern.

"...Is Bill alright? He looks pale." Granny was the first to ever speak about Bill. Mabel looked at Bill, noticing it too.

"...He had a nightmare." You responded

"WHAT?! Bill - the dream demon Bill - had a nightmare?" Mabel was shocked.

"....please don't scream Mabel." Bill mumbled.

Mabel turned pale.

"H..He called me by my real name...n..not 'Shooting Star'." Mabel was trembling at this point.

"Bill, it's best to talk about it rather than not saying anything." Granny's eyes narrowed, being the first to enter the room and sit beside Bill. Mabel soon followed. Granny gently rubbed his shoulder, "You'll feel a lot better if you talk about it." She advised. Bill took a shaky breath, his eye glanced over at Granny.

"....I'm not even sure how to say it..." He started, "....I was standing alone when...this puff of smoke attacked my eye, and I couldn't see anything....this...dark voice was laughing at me, and then I heard (y/n) scream out my name...then everything went black."

You widened your eyes, looking at Bill as he finally spoke of his nightmare. So that's why he decided to lean on me...so he can be sure I'm here...

".....But I am certain....that dark voice must be that bastard David." Bill growled, his shoulders tensing up and glared up to the wall.

Silence filled the room for about a minute.

"....I'm sure it's all just a nightmare! I-I mean, dreams don't exactly have meaning..." Mabel tried to cheer him up.

"...Granny.." You looked at Granny, concerned.

"...Mabel darling, let's head downstairs." Granny gently tapped Mabel's shoulder. Mabel looked at Granny, worried

"B...But Bill-"

"Lets leave Bill alone for a while." Granny whispered, a gentle smile on her face. "He needs some time to console himself. Besides, we can make cookies while he's healing up from the nightmare." Granny had an angel's smile on her face. Mabel looked at Bill for a moment, before looking at Granny, nodding.

"Okay.." Mabel went over with Granny out of the room.

You were silent, unsure on what to say.

The only thing you could do, was hold him close, and tell him it was all a nightmare.