16. A Change in Character

"Why that little-" Stanley had his fists clenched, as Dipper gave a sharp look at his Great Uncle.

"Grunkle Stan." Dipper spoke firmly, getting the attention from the man.

"What?! It's the only right thing to say Dipper! That sick son of a-"

"Grunkle please."

"...BITCH. Is back, and already tormented (y/n)!!" Stanley vigorously pointed at you, which caught the attention of Mabel.

"We have to think this through." Dipper mumbled, rubbing his head.

"And to make things even worse - GIDEON IS INVOLVED." Stanley added, his voice fueled with anger.

"G-Grunkle Stan..." Mabel squeaked, as the pissed off man glanced at her, his eyes softening just a little.

"....Sorry, it's just that all of this is...is so frustrating. I mean, why did he have to come back?! Karen didn't deserve this and neither did (y/n). y God how am I going to tell Karen's mother.." Stanley paced, as Bill's hand gripped the old man's shoulder. Stanley whipped his head, glaring at the demon.

"What." Stanley hissed, but Bill said nothing.

The dream demon just stared.

It seemed to be some sort of telepathic conversation, because Stanley calmed down after about a minute. Dipper looked at you and Mabel,

"For now, let's get back over to your place. We have got to tell Granny." Dipper spoke, as Mabel nodded.

"C-Come on (y/n)." Mabel spoke, as you nodded, standing up.

"Stanford should be with her..." Stanley spoke, his hand running through his hair. "....Oh man how to tell her..."

~ ~

The moment Granny saw you, she ran to you and gave you a warm hug. Stanford walked after her later on, and was greeted by Stanley.

"I am so sorry - I should've told you who gave you the note...I...I thought Gideon was.."

"Granny, it's okay. You didn't know." You assured, forgiving your Grandmother. Granny was in tears, her hands trembling as they made contact with your cheeks,

"Y...You look so pale..! What happened with Gideon?" Granny asked, as Stanford gently touched her shoulder.

"Let's talk in the porch.." Stanford recommended, taking Granny over to the porch and sat down beside her. You watched Granny's spirits fall, her skin turning ice cold, and tears streamed down her face. Your heart fell when she started crying her heart out - Mabel's did as well.

"....(y/n) I..." Mabel was going to speak with you, but Dipper nudged her shoulder, gesturing her to not speak.

"...It's okay...I swear." You looked at them, as Mabel perked up.

"N-No you're not!" Mabel shook her head, as Dipper looked at Mabel.

"Mabel...why don't we leave them alone.." Dipper took her arm, and began taking her back to the Shack.

"D-Dipper please let me talk to her.."

"Mabel, let's go. Bill, you coming?" Dipper asked, looking at Bill. You forgot Bill was with you until Dipper called him out. Your head turned over to see Bill, staring at Granny and Stanford. Without even a glance, Bill shook his head.

".....You okay Bill?" You asked, as Bill looked at you immediately the moment you spoke.

"....Yeah."

He sounds tired....

You bit your lip, "Are you sure...?" You asked, as Bill nodded,

"I am going to stay with you for a while though, if that's okay."

"N-No it's okay." You didn't mind company...you weren't sure why you didn't stop Dipper from leaving. Stanley rubbed your back,

"Hey kiddo, it'll be alright. We'll stop that jerk." Stanley tried to lighten the mood a little, you could tell.

"....Thanks." You thanked, with a smile. Stanley's eyes softened a little, before joining Stanford with Granny - leaving you alone with Bill. Silence was surrounding you and Bill, until the dream demon spoke.

"....He didn't hurt you. Did he?" Bill asked. You turned your head over at him,

"...He only held my shoulders, but that's it." You recalled, your hands slowly rubbing your shoulders.

"...I see..." He mumbled, noticing Granny looking at you. "..She's looking at you." Bill brought up, as you looked over, seeing Granny - her eyes full of fear. Your eyes softened, your feet slowly approaching her. Granny immediately got up, hugging you.

"...I am so sorry I wasn't able to protect you...I...I failed as a grandmother."

"Its okay...you didn't know." You forgave her once more, as Stanford stood up.

"I'll leave you 2 alone for a little. We'll come back later." Stanford took Stanley and left the household. You took a deep, shaky breath -this is really frustrating...

You came over to Gravity Falls to escape from David...yet instead, he flies over to you with that insane grin.

~ ~

After about 30 minutes, Granny seemed to calm down a little. Bill stayed over at the house, silent. He was sitting on the couch, looking a bit pale, but he never spoke unless you were to speak to him.

"...Bill, thank you for staying with us." Granny spoke, as Bill looked at her, giving a small nod and a smile. You were shocked on how Bill was treating Granny. Could he be faking? There is no way he would be really acting like this.

"Hey, (y/n), can I speak with you for a second?" Granny asked, taking you outside.

"...Bill is a real gentleman." Granny praised the dream demon, as you flinched.

"....really?" You asked, as Granny nodded, "and he was really concerned about you." Granny added,

"When he came through the door, he was panicking. Heh, you know, I was shocked that he said your name." Granny pointed out, as you perked up.

"...What do you mean?"

"He always called you Sketch, and oh! You didn't tell me you can draw!" Granny's eyes were sparkling, as your eye twitched.

Don't tell me he...

"He showed me a couple of your drawings! You can draw good! Honestly, sweetheart, why didn't you tell me you could draw but you told Bill? Ooohhh, are you into him?" Granny asked.

Okay....first off...I can see she is trying to change the subject...but...

ME. INTO BILL?!?!

"G-Granny...y-you're assuming the worst." You mumbled, as Granny giggled, before checking her watch.

"Oh dear...I have a meeting.." Granny spoke, her voice saddened.

"...Go on ahead." You spoke, trying your best to hide your anger. Granny nodded, giving you a tight hug,

"...we'll take him down together." Granny whispered, pecking your cheek and took off. Once Granny was away from your sights, you gritted your teeth..

"BILL. CIPHER." You screamed out his name, entering the house - anger fueled your eyes. You were going to yell at him. but you stopped, seeing that Bill...

...has fallen asleep on your couch.

You stared at Bill - now fallen asleep. How did he fall asleep so quickly? Especially when you stormed in, how did he not wake up?

Then you suddenly remembered what Dipper told you long ago

"Unfortunately he is still here but now he has half the power as he used to have, and if he were to use too much of his power, in order to recharge he has to sleep."

He used too much power..?

Realization smacked you in the face.

Bill used up a ton of energy while fighting with David..

To use that much power against someone who only held your shoulders....your cheeks heated up at the thought - which was a reality.

Maybe....Bill isn't as sadistic as I thought...