13. An Apoligy

The moment you woke up, you realized you were not at the floor downstairs. You were at your room, lying down on your bed. Your eyes were blurry, your head aching in pain - although you weren't sure why.

"(Y-Y/n)?"

You heard a small squeak, a feminine one - with the emotion of worry tied around it. Your eyes averted slowly over to the source, seeing a teary-eyed Mabel. Your eyes widened slowly, seeing Mabel's teary eyes latched onto yours.

"A-A-Are you o-okay?"

"Mabel..?" You called out, as Mabel hiccuped.

"W-We heard you scream and...and....we...we saw you on the floor and....and.."

"'we'?" You repeated, as Mabel nodded

"B-Bill and I did..." Mabel nodded her head, tears streaming down her face.

"I...I thought you....you were.."

"M-Mabel I am fine....where's Bill?" You asked out of curiosity, as Mabel sniffed.

"H...He is downstairs I think...." She answered, hopping out the chair. "I...I'll go check-"

"Mabel."

"I..I think he is th..though.."

"Mabel." You called out once more, sitting up. She looked at you, her tears still streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry I worried you." You apologized, your arms reaching out to her - allowing a hug. Mabel ran towards you, jumping on the bed and wrapped her arms tightly around yours. 

"I-I was so worried"

"I'm so sorry for worrying you." Your eyes narrowed, taking a deep breath. It was about 10 minutes of silence - with the exception of Mabel silently sobbing. When Mabel separated the hug, she blew her nose with a tissue.

"I-I am gonna get some water." Mabel informed, giving a small wave before exiting the room. You took a shaky breath, the words still echoing in your head.

"Nothing~ We just had a little talk...and now I finally know where you are. Gravity Falls...never heard of that area...maybe you can give me a little tour~."

By hearing those words, it gave you shivers down your back. Your blood ran cold, your hands lay trembling. The moment you thought that your life would be finally happy....it crashes and ends up in dust. Your eyes latched onto the sheets, your teeth gripping onto the bottom of your lip. As you thought of all this, you heard a knock at the door. Your eyes immediately stared at the source, your lip no longer bitten.

"Yo." Bill greeted, coming in and closing the door. You stared at him in silence, what is he doing here? Sure, Mabel told you that her and Bill saw you on the floor, but why is he still here? Wouldn't he just vanish? You watched Bill sit beside you, on the bed. His eye didn't lay contact with you when he sat down - his eye was averted to his lap.

"....Bill?" You called out, as Bill's hands clenched together

"Heh...how do I say this.." He mumbled, a wry smile escaped his lips. An eyebrow was raised, your head tilted slightly - what does he mean? What does he want to tell me?

"Well...Sketch, she told me." Bill began, his eye still not making contact with you. You blinked, what did 'she' tell him?

"...I'm sorry, I don't under-"

"Your grandmother told me everything." Bill specified. Your eyes widened, Granny told Bill about why I came here?! Why did she tell him!?!?

'I'm screwed.' <-- Was your thought once you realized what Bill meant.

"I....Bill I..." You were at a loss of words, it was as if a cat got stuck to your tongue. Bill raised his hand up, gesturing he wasn't finished.

"...When I heard...everything....." Bill gulped, "...I was at a loss of words." He continued, his eyes still not making contact with yours.

"....I expected something else....something...that wasn't as brutal to be honest. Everything connects now Sketch...and...I...wanted to apologize." Bill spoke, his voice was trembling. You thought your ears were playing tricks - is Bill...apologizing? He still hasn't made eye contact with you, showing his guilt, and his voice isn't trembling out of excitement. He really means it then...this apology...

"For....for treating you the same as he did...and for clawing myself in to figure out why you came here." Bill continued. Your eyes was staring at him, seeing that his shoulders were trembling. If he is going to cry...I'm going to burst in tears.

"B...Bill I-"

"After some thinking....I decided on doing something that I have never done before...and I am not sure why I came to this conclusion." Bill took a deep breath, finally his head turning, and  his eye stared at yours.

"....I am going to protect you from your dad." He came to a conclusion. You perked up, your cheeks slowly became tinted with the color red. If the situation were something else, your cheeks would be so red, Mabel would mistaken you as a rose, and Bill would probably be laughing his head off. However...he looks so serious now...

"Honestly, I don't know how I came up to this conclusion." Bill shrugged his shoulders, his eye averting over the blanket. "Probably cause I feel bad that you went through shit n stuff."

You slowly blinked, the blush vanishing - feeling a poker face coming on. Aaaannnddd there's the Bill I know.

"But I am dead serious on this part Sketch - I want to keep you away from him, alrighty?" He looked at you once more - your poker face vanishing. You nodded soon after he spoke.

"Yeah, alright." You agreed, finally finding your voice.

"....Again, Sketch, I am so sorry-"

"its fine." You shrugged, "...I mean, you didn't know-"

"But I still treated you like shit and gave you horrifying flashbacks-"

"Like I give a damn - I am immune to that." You acted as if it weren't such a big deal. Bill stared at you,

"And....thank you." You thanked, a smile beginning to form, "...for deciding to protect me." You added, as Bill perked up.

"Uh...y....y-you're welcome." His eye averted away from you, his cheeks slowly turning a little red. You laughed,

"Your cheeks are red."

"Sh-Shut up." He mumbled, a small chuckle escaping his lips.

Mabel was watching the entire time, a huuge grin on her face,

"....I ship it like Fedex." She whispered to herself.

.........

.....

....

...

Gideon took a huge sigh, doing nothing in general, until security walked in.

"Gideon sir? He's here." The security spoke, as Gideon had a huge smile on his face.

"Let him in!!" Gideon spoke excitedly, watching a man enter the room, holding a briefcase.

"Sit down! Sit!" Gideon couldn't sit down anymore, as the man had a chuckle escape his lips.

"You seem excited." the man spoke, as Gideon nodded rapidly.

"Its been a while since I got people like you. So, the main goal is to get her back?" Gideon asked, as the man put the briefcase on the table, opening it. Gideon stared at the briefcase in shock,

"...$500,000 as a reward." The man said, an insane grin forming on his face. Gideon stared at the man, a huge grin forming on his face.

"Deal." Gideon nodded, shaking the mans hand rapidly.

"Also, about that boy she was with, if you want, you can take him." The man spoke, his eyes rolling. Gideon chuckled, his smile forming to a wicked one.

"Thank you, Mr. (L/n)." He thanked, as the man laughed,

"Anything for a new friend." The man smiled wide at Gideon.