24. Boo.

After mentally screaming to yourself about what happened about 5 minutes ago, you headed downstairs to see Bill talking to Granny. Deciding not to intrude, you lay back, listening to their conversation.

"...Unfortunately she has been like that for a while." Granny spoke softly, her hands tied together.

"...have you ever thought on trying to stop him?" Bill asked,

"I can't meddle in with business that isn't mine."

"But it is your business, isn't it? She is your granddaughter."

"That maybe true, but what can I do for her?"

"Call the police or something."

"I can't. David is a chief of the police department on where he lives." Granny sighed, her hands rubbing her arm.

"That bastard knows how to hide.." Bill growled lowly, his eye glaring at the ground. Granny looked at Bill, a soft smile appeared on her lips.

"You have changed...Bill."

"I have?" Bill asked, his eye looked at Granny almost immediately. Granny nods,

"When I first met you, you seemed to not really care for anyone in general. Now...you completely care for (y/n). I greatly appreciate that." Granny praised Bill's sudden change of character. Bill was taken aback, staring at her with wide eyes.

"You...you really think that?"

"Yes. You know, Mabel told me something about you." Granny's smile grew a bit. "She told me that you may look like a threat, you're a real sweetheart." She winked, giggling. Bill's cheeks grew red, his eye averted away from Granny's gaze. Granny's giggle turned to a laugh,

"So it's true." Granny laughed at Bill's reaction. Bill's red cheeks turned to a blood-color. After calming down, Granny looked at her lap.

"Bill, there is a favor I would like to ask." Granny spoke.

"Y...Yes?"

"Can you please protect (y/n) with all your heart?"

Bill's rosy cheeks diminished, confusion struck your mind.

"You see, there are times when I won't be able to be around her at all times....and now that he's back.." Granny's hands trembled, "...I....I can't protect her. Even with Stanford, Stanley and everyone besides her, I feel as if it's not enough."

"I will." Bill nodded his head, his hand gently held hers.

"I promise with all my heart, that I will protect (y/n). No matter what." Bill's eye stared deep into Granny's, his voice serious. Granny stared at him in shock, before a gentle smile appeared on her lips.

"....Thank you..." Tears rolled down her cheeks, her hands wiping them away. She took a deep, shaky breath, "Truly...thank you." She smiled. Your cheeks were hinted with red, your hand covered your mouth. Although something isn't right.

By now, Granny would call him an angel, and tell him "God Bless you.". Why isn't she telling him that...

"...(y/n)! You're here!" Granny noticed you standing by, her expression lightened. Bill turned his head, looking at you.

"H-Hi." You waved, clearing your throat.

"How long were you standing there?" Bill asked, as you shrugged your shoulders, sitting next to Bill.

"I just came." You lied. Granny looked at you, taking a deep breath,

"...(y/n)." She called you.