1. Hot with a capital H

"He is hot with a capital H, he is cute he has these tiny dimples and Riya remember how you always talk about muscular men who are lean but muscular like that guy you always keep talking about... what's his name again?"

*sigh* "Matt Bomer... For the billionth time"

"yaa right him. But you know my guy is hot, he is handsome and he is cute, smart, funny, cool...."

And she went on and on and on and somewhere between 'he is hot' to 'he is hot' again I zoned out. This is what has been happening for the past half an hour. My closest friend in the whole wide world is milliseconds away from dying in my hands.

You see we have been here for the past half an hour waiting desperately for Mr. He-is-hot to walk in and grace us with his presence, but that isn't happening. He is late. Late by half an hour and I am beginning to get pissed.
Isn't that a girl's right to be late and make an entrance?
But no he took it all on himself to be late and thereby making me all grumpy.

Why am I waiting for him again?

Because he might be the potential future husband of this nutcase beside me. Sasha's mom is friends with Mr. Hot's mom and she thought it was a great idea to get these two hitched. Only that idea is the reason for all kinds of homicidal thoughts in my brain.

Sasha and I have been friends (sort of) from middle school. One day she occupied my chair in the class and threw a fit when I asked her to move. And me being the amazing person that I am, knocked her from the seat and it didn't go down well with her. After that, let's just say that we were both taken to the principal's office covered in blood, cuts and bruises. Later we were forced to sit together. For few days we have been enemies, but then we realized that the evil side of our brains were alike and came to a truce and slowly we became friends and then inseparable.

True that there have been many and I mean many times I planned on killing this girl but today was just the breaking point.

I mean come on I was dragged out of my bed at 9 am on a Sunday morning (the only day I don't have to deal with that wicked alarm). Only to be sitting idle in a café waiting for an idiot I don't even know and who does not even show up on time?

My emotional monologue is disturbed by...

"Oh my god! That's him", Sasha screeches, and I snap my head in the direction of her line of sight and see a tall hugely built man smirking in our direction. Didn't she say he was lean? Whatever this idiot is late and had me waiting here for eons. He is so dead.

"You", I say pointing my index finger at him, "how can you.." before I can complete my sentence I am interrupted by,

"Riya shut up. That's not him"

"What?"

At this Sasha stands up from where she has been sitting and waves at the guy and says in sickeningly sweet voice "sorry, my friend here thought you where her ex-boyfriend. Hence the foul mood. Please forgive us"

What?
The rock waved it off like its nothing and with a smug face looked at me and said "I am sorry too that I am not the ex" and left.

What? Again. If looks could kill I would be reading eulogy at Sasha's funeral by now and she knows it.

"Listen I know I said it's him but I was wrong OK? I met this guy what like two times? I can make mistakes. I am just a human. Now stop thinking of ways to kill me with your eyes... you know you can't do that" she flutters her eyelashes to calm me only she doesn't know that it is having the opposite effect.

"Argh!! Sasha you are so dead. I would be sleeping peacefully cuddling with my pillow in my house but here I am sitting in this useless café, sipping this useless water, waiting for Mr. Useless hot guy to come when that useless guy from that corner has been uselessly eyeing you in the last most useless half an hour of my life", with that I empty the entire glass of water that I had ordered half an hour ago.

"Wow! You sure get cranky when you don't get your beauty sleep. Chill darling. He just texted he is on his way. By the way is that guy cute?" she asks as she turns to look at that idiot who has been giving my friend googly eyes.

Beauty sleep? Me?
"Sasha you know, it is an offence to wake me up this early on Sundays and yet you dragged me here for god knows what. I don't even know why I am here and you said he is on his way when we were at my HOME"

"Chill Ry he is coming. And you are here because I want to show off babe, what else? Didn't I just say that he was hot? I want you to meet him and just drown in jealousy and wake up every day and cry that you are not me"

When I don't show the slightest emotion of being amused she gives up "I want you to meet him and tell me what you think of him, I don't want a repeat of the last time" at this she becomes serious and only now I understand why this is important to her.

"I know you made a lot of mistakes in the past, but dragging me here to meet this moron is the first thing you will be punished for when we go to hell" and before we could discuss farther on our afterlife

Sasha looks behind me and says "Ry he is here."

I slowly turn my eyes preparing for the worst, because I have a lot of experience to say that things aren't usually the way, or the exact opposite of what Sasha describes them to be. But I get the shock of my life when I come face to face with the moron I have been waiting for.

And boy was he hot. "With a capital H, told ya."

~.~.~.~.~

That was the end of first chapter. Please let me know what you think.

Also, if you have any suggestions for the cast or cover ideas do let me know.

Stay Happy!