27. Sailor and the Ocean

"You look like a trash that got dumped by the trash van in the middle of nowhere a year ago." And people called me dramatic? I could not even respond back so I just gave her a blank look.

"You look and smell like it," she said with a smile.

"You would know, you've been living with yourself for so long," I murmured.

I do not think Vivi heard or understood what I said because the next minute she was beside me on my bed wriggling her eyebrows "So... why did Nick drop you off in the middle of the night? Or should I say early in the morning? What were you kids up to?"

"My head hurts and I don't remember," I mumbled with hands on either said of my head and thinking hard about how I ended up here.

"OHMYGODDDDDDDDDDD," ok I'm going to strangle her. "DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T REMEMBER LOSING YOUR VIRGINITY. YOU DON'T REMEMBER??????? HOW CAN YOU NOT REMEMBER?"

"Vivi? Before I kill you please leave me alone and do not come here until I call you," she must have sensed something in my voice because my threat worked. She walked towards the door and said,

"Oh, I nearly forgot. Lover boy left you that" she said pointing at a small brown bag sitting on my side table.

I reached for it and saw two Aspirin tablets and a small note that said, 'Can we make this a habit too?'

What?

*****************************

"You cleanup good Ms. Shika." I heard him before I saw him. I turned around still wondering what in the bloody hell had happened the previous night. Vivi was convinced I slept with Nick and I tried explaining to her that I would know, had something like that happened. Wouldn't I? But noooooooooooo, she was stupid enough to think she knew everything.

I woke up again at around 3 in the afternoon and ate, I looked in the mirror and cringed looking at myself and asked Vivi to help. My eyes were puffy, and my face was red like a tomato. Sasha came to the rescue and did something to my face and I did not like it one bit. As soon as she left, with the promise of meeting us here in the church, I washed my face and went back to bed. Vivi dragged me out of my room at around 5:30 and gave me 30 minutes 'to get my shit together'. Which I did.

I put on a nice dress and did as much as I could to make my eyes look like normal human eyes.

Now, if I could take his statement into consideration then I was proud of myself to have transformed from a year-old dumped trash to not-bad-looking.

Mental pat on back.

"You don't look bad yourself. Everything looks fine except..." I made movements with my forefinger as if pointing out what was wrong and then snapping my fingers while wearing my thinking face. I brightened up after a few seconds and said "It's the face, definitely the face that looks wrong" I placed my palm covering up his face and examining the rest of him and said "That's it, face. Rest of it looks just outstanding." He took hold of my hand that was covering his face and pulled me near him.

"I will have you know that this is the same face you wish to see every day, night and in your dreams. Don't lie to yourself baby."

Yuck. Eww. No way.

But I did not try to move away. I was looking at the two black orbs staring at me and thinking how someone could have such black eyes.

"Your eyes are so dark. They look so nice," this made him smile, "they also match your heart."

I was expecting him to fume and say stuff to me or retort something in the same way, at least a jab. But he kept staring at my eyes and finally said,