25. It will never happen again

After walking for long (I no longer saw anything that looked even closer to a hut) and realizing I am not the one to travel the world with just my bare feet, I walked back to the resort to see an addition in the known faces list.

I went ahead and met a few of them and they introduced me to some other people they knew. Half an hour and twenty new people added to my mental phone book I heard the familiar screeching voices of my two friends.

"Where have you been?"

"Where did you go?"

Sasha looked angry and Vivi looked confused.

"I just walked along the beach and got back a little while go."

"Hey Vivi, hey Sasha." Mira, a friend from school, chirped from behind me. The two of them joined the conversation and Vivi gave me a look which meant this is not over.

*****************

"And there I was in all my glory, dressed like a Barbie, doing a really bad version of chicken dance at center stage when everyone else in the Uni were looking at me. Now, Sammy boy, you call that embarrassing."

People from all around me were laughing. We were talking about the most embarrassing experiences we had to encounter in the days we have been away. Just as I was done with mine Vivi yelled

"Come on, it wasn't that bad."

Truth is, it wasn't. But I have this uncanny ability to make my life instances so dramatic that most of the time the person on the hearing side ends up laughing. Sometimes I do it on purpose and the rest of the time? It just is naturally funny.

"Well once a clown, always a clown. I can see that nothing has really changed. A few days ago, when I saw a picture of you in the news, for a second I was like ooo she hit a lottery with that golden boy but pfft how stupid of me?" came a voice I never wanted to hear.

Meet Meg. I hate her and that is all you need to know about her.

"Once a bitch always a b*tch, ha? I can see that nothing has really changed" I looked at Vivi glaring daggers at Meg, it looked like she wanted to say something else but stopped short when I shook my head at her.

This female dog didn't deserve anything, specially our time.

"I would love to sit here all night and listen to you talk about my life from your pathetic mouth but sorry. Over the years I lost my ability to take bullshit from others." I turned away not wanting to dampen my mood because of some she-dog, but it looked like even after all these years she just didn't learn when to shut up.

"Running off to find a restroom and cry yourself to sleep, Riya? Personally, I think that is where you belong. I even suggested that you don't get a room of your own to James, he just didn't listen."

"Actually, I am going to go and search for your brain cells that you lost, every time you came to this very beach with a different guy each time and did a lot of head jerking."

"At least I had some guy" she said with a huff "unlike someone who got ditched by the first guy she thought she was dating." I saw Ash tense at the words and Sasha looking at the beautiful sand under her feet. Vivi was looking back and forth between Meg and me and the rest of the group have long given up on paying any attention to us the minute Meg walked in.

I wanted to fire back with something, but I couldn't.

What was I supposed to say to something like that? 'You are right, but that was a low blow?' I don't think so. I was busy thinking of ways to burn Meg with my mere stare when I saw a figure I recognized appeared out of nowhere from behind Meg and enveloped me in a hug.