10. Vodka, gin or tequila

"We are here." Even I could not recognize my voice; I was just too excited and cheerful.

"Why on earth are you so... how do I put it... exuberant?" Sara complained. "We are here to invite the Parkers, Parkers as in our rivals, arch nemesis and worst people on the whole wide planet."

"I heard the coffee in their cafeteria is to die for and they even serve donuts that are just plain awesome."

"You are here to eat?" Sara deadpanned. She is no fun. I should have brought someone else with me. Ryan would have enjoyed a good snack if he was here.

"Ok Riya, listen to me" she inhaled and exhaled sharply and said, "I don't care what you eat or what you like in this building, the nut head aka the boss of this company is an idiot and I don't want you to get into any kind of fight with him," I tried to express my opinion but, "no Riya I am not listening anything from you. I particularly asked Ryan if I can take Kira just for this one meeting but he insisted that I take you. So, in short, all I am asking from you is: once we go in there, BE QUITE. Don't talk, like at all."

I was hurt when I heard what she said.

"Why did you want to take Kira and not me?" I asked her.

"Riya answer this. What is the one thing you have that Kira doesn't?"

"Just one? I have so many qualities that she doesn't"

"Yaa? Like what?"

"Pff that is easy awesomeness, great sense of humor..."

"And a smart mouth, snarky comments, sarcasm, TEMPER ISSUES, BAD TIMING, need I go on? Riya, Robin Junior is a conceited guy and things got bad when Ryan punched him in the face last year in some party. He is going to say something to provoke us. I want to just walk out of this place as soon as I can, not be hauled out by security, and also Ryan placed a wager that you will not get out of this place without kicking Robin's shin"

"Did he really say shin?" I laughed when Sara shouted, 'get out' and the two of us parked the car and walked towards The Parkers Holdings Inc. building.

The building was great. It was filled with glass, mirrors and marble statues. I was busy searching for a board that read cafeteria when I heard Sara ask the girl sitting at the reception about our appointment. It was 10:45 and our appointment was at 11 am. We were early, which meant I could go to their cafeteria. Yay.

"Sorry Ma'am there must have been a mistake. I really do not see your names here. I think there has been a mix up I will find out. Excuse me." The receptionist said to Sara and quickly lifted her phone. She just informed the person, on the other end, about us and told about our 'apparent' appointment. After that, all she did was look up at us for every five seconds, nod, say 'aha' and 'yes' and then disconnect the call.

I think she just realized who we really are because she was giving us a very fake smile and said "I am sorry Ma'am but the two of you need to wait. Mr. Robin is busy right now; he will see you in some time. You can wait in the lobby."

"But we have an appointment. We are on a schedule here, isn't there anything you guys can..."

Sara was cut off by "straight and first right ma'am" the reception said pointing to her left. And we got the clue. Sara huffed and started to walk away. I just smiled at the receptionist and asked "hi, can you please tell me where the cafeteria is?"

*******************

"I knew it. I knew something like this would happen."

"Oh, Sara chill have your coffee. Mine is amazing" I said stuffing my third donut. We have been waiting here for 45 minutes now and still no sign of Prince Robin.