13. Green witch in black robes

I was getting chills and the cold had nothing to do with it. We reached the venue half an hour late but I decided to call Sasha after an hour or two. By then most of them would be. Mini was all excited like a little kid in a carnival and people all around us were smiling and socializing. I was smiling at some people I knew but deep down inside I was dreading that something bad was going to happen. It was a very strong feeling.

"If you are trying to be a statue all evening, I will go ahead and drop some money in front of you. I am sure by the end of the night you can make some pretty good money. Although I would suggest you pose a little, if you want to impress them." Ryan whispered from behind me, gesturing to all the guests.

I turned to my left and realize that Mini ditched me and went away somewhere,

"I am not" I tried to sound convincing turning to face Ryan. "It's just...you know" *sigh* "I have a very bad feeling about this. Something in gut says that something is going to go wrong and I am begging you Ryan do NOT do anything stupid. I can't deal with anything tomorrow. Please try to be responsible for one night. Just this one, please."

"I can try but no promises. And I can assure you, nothing will go wrong. At all. I have taken care of it. I asked the security to hide few baseball bats under my table. If you need any, you know where to find them. Relax that evil brain of yours a little and have fun."

With that he walked away, not before pushing me a little. I turned around to look for anyone I know and got a glimpse of Sara and Jack talking to a bunch of people.

I waved at them and started walking in their direction when I saw Mini talking to Kira, so I walked to them instead.

"You traitor, you left me"

"Like you would be lost, I was just talking to Kira about the guests and what important announcements might be made tonight."

"Hey Kira, you look great," and she did.

"Thank you, Riya. You do too. Sara was asking for you a few minutes ago. Go meet her."

"Fine and you stay right here I will come back. I can't search for you all the time," I warned Mini.

I slowly made my way to Sara, while smiling and talking to people I know on my way.

"You asked for me?" I slowly asked Sara. She turned around to face me and smiled. She opened her mouth to say something when something behind me caught her eye and she simple stared and murmured

"Oh my god, no"

It looked like she saw a zombie so I turned to see it for myself and what I saw was worse. Way worse. It was ROBIN Jr.

"What is he doing here?" I asked to no one in particular. It seemed like Sara had the same question because she was nodding her head repeatedly.

"Attending the dinner, he was invited to, by the two of you" Jack said in a 'duh' tone. As if we have rehearsed it, the two of us turned to give Jack a flat look and turned back to glare at Robin. And Robin, ladies and gentlemen, was smiling (not in his usual villain way but a genuine one) and shaking hands and talking to other guests. I looked around to see where Ryan was and was not shocked at all to find him near his table.

Sara and I walked towards Ryan. I was amused and Sara was confused to see Ryan's hands clenched and were holding a handful of table cloth for support. Although he had a smile plastered to his face his right foot was feeling for something under his table.

"What is he doing?" Sara asked with a confused look on her face.

"Making sure he is armed" when she looked at me, still not understanding, I stopped and whispered "he has *cough* baseball bat *cough* under his table." At this I expected Sara to yell or shout something like 'this is so stupid' or anything along those lines but to my surprise she grinned and cracked her knuckles.