9. Because I Love You

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

I blink my eyes several times. I am sweating and my breathing is rapid. I look around my surroundings and see the same things I wake up to every morning. I am in my bedroom, in my apartment, in my city, in my country.

Oh phew!

You are fine; this is your room, your place. It's just a dream. Just a dream, a dream. And then I sigh in relief.

Without thinking much I jump out of my bed and check the time. It is only 6:30 and I have two hours until I leave for work. I contemplate on what to do for the next hour and a half, knowing well that I would not be able to fall back asleep. I decide on making some nice breakfast, because my breakfast mostly consists of some cereal and milk. I brush and rush to the kitchen to find all the ingredients to prepare an omelet.

Trust me I can cook, I mean I don't burn food. At all. It's just that they don't usually taste like how they are supposed to. So, I open my laptop search the recipe for omelet and start it by cutting onions. Bad idea. I start tearing up and with tears, come the bad memories of the dream I have just had.

In the dream I am initially dressed like a Disney princess (like Giselle from The Enchanted). It gets worst, I get transported in the same clothing to Hogwarts and turns out I am a death eater, who is employed to lure Harry to love me. In my dream Umbridge is on Harry's side and she gets to know my plan and to get rid of me, pushes me into a deep looking well (just like the evil step mother from The Enchanted again). I keep falling into this endless pit and the fall stops when I open a door and the room I walk into is the room from the house in House of Wax. After walking aimlessly, I suddenly turn around only to come face to face with themasked man from Scream movie and that was when I woke up with a start. I mean seriously? I am highly disappointed that there is no special part of my brain that helps me get more creative and logical dreams.

Between the tears, onions, thoughts about my lack of better brain cells my phone rings and I end up cutting my finger.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" there is blood everywhere. All I can see is red liquid running down my hand. I keep shouting and reach for a kitchen cloth and then my brain functions. I place my hand under tap water and clean it with some cotton. By the time all this is done the ringing of the phone stops. Just before I go to it and see, who the caller was, it rings again and I see the ID and answer it immediately.

"Hai Ma"

"Hey baby. Why do you sound like that? Something wrong? I had this feeling and I just wanted to call you. I know you don't wake up so early. But I am sorry, I just couldn't stop myself. Since I woke up this morning, you are all I can think about," I heard her sniff "I am really worried sick about you, do you know that? I always keep thinking what you might be doing at this point of time every minute and you..."

"Mom I am FINE. I was already awake. I just cut my hand when I was trying to cook something and there was lot of blood when you called previously, so I could not answer."

"Cut your hand?" I can already imagine her wiping of her tears, placing one hand on her hip and asking me this question with one eyebrow raised.

"Ok FINE. It was my finger. And there was little blood." I replied in a small voice. I was exaggerating just a little bit. Sue me.

"I am your mother and I know your stories and lies and also how lousy you are when it comes to cooking, there is no way you could have cut your hand."

"So, what are you doing?" and we went on for another fifteen minutes when I told her all about Mini, Sasha and Nick, and she filled me with all the latest rumors and gossips about our neighbors.