21. I am not leaving

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, but I would" he replied with a smirk.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Did you not understand what I said, a few minutes earlier? I asked you to come out with me, and you have decided to not move. Now I am going to call your father. I have still not decided on what I'm going to say. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Sasha asked me to"

"And what exactly was it, she asked you to do?"

"She asked me to go and see how you are doing and in my opinion, you are doing terribly"

My eyes widened at this revelation. Does this mean she knows about my 'situation'? But how is it possible? I did not tell her anything.

"You" I said pointing my finger at the culprit before me. "You told her everything?" I asked in disbelief. It is my choice and my issues to tell, not his. I have a choice, whether to share my 'situations' or not and I will choose NOT any given day.

My problems are my own. Not anyone else's. I never shared my sob stories or problems with anyone else. I always thought it was a stupid thing to do. Because one, no one will ever understand what you are going through (even if they say otherwise) and two if you can't find the solution to your own problem then how the hell can you expect someone else to solve it for you. That's plain stupidity.

He raised his hands in surrender, "it was not my place to tell her anything. But she just asked me to see what you have been up to since she isn't here."

That did move some strings in my heart. She was still worrying about me, while she was miles away, drowning in her own misery. That thought made me smile.

"Now, I am sure she doesn't know about any of this. So, will you do the honors of enlightening her, or should I?"

"No one's calling any one. Nick just go, we will talk about this... maybe never. Yaa never sounds good. So, for now just leave me alone."

He was silent for some time and was just looking at me.

Am I supposed to decipher something here?

Yup, definitely. You need to know that he is here for you and you are being a stuck up, spoilt, brat who doesn't let anyone in.

Argh not with the 'letting in' crap, again.

Listen Riya, just try. Have a little faith. Go out with him; let's just see what he is up to? I mean what's the worst that can happen now, right? It will be a diversion from the crazy stuff I am coming up with.

"Where are we going? Why and how?"

He just beamed at me, turned and said, "follow me" and walked to the door.

I stood there for few more seconds deliberating if it was the right thing to do.

Ah... move now. Let's get this over with.

He walked out of my front door and was waiting for me by the elevator. I made my way to him and waited. He was smiling all the way and once we got in, he pressed number 15 which was the highest floor in my building.

"You don't plan on luring me to the roof and pushing me from there. Do you?"

"Now, why would I do that?"

"I don't know" I mumbled.

I mean what was I supposed to say? Why is he taking me to the roof of my own building?