11. Snap our fingers and BAM

I already invited the people, who stayed near my apartment yesterday. By the time I got home it was late so could not call Sasha. But I was hell bent on finding out how she knew Ryan, today. But my first stop was Nick's home. When I called his office for an appointment, I was told that he would not be coming to work until 10 today and I had a long list of people to meet and my schedule had to start at 8. So, I called him and asked him if I could meet him at his home in an hour and he was fine with it.

I am directionally challenged and with the directions Nick gave me to his house, I was more than just lost. After circling around for 15 minutes or so I found his house and it was beautiful. I was allowed in by the guard when I said my name and I found Nick in the lawn lazing around in a chair, reading 'If on a Winter's Night a Traveller by Italo Calvino'.

I got out of my car and walked towards him. Good taste in books and breathtaking, he is just so selfish.

He was dressed in grey sweatpants and a dark blue tight fitting t-shirt and was drinking coffee. I stopped my brain from thinking inappropriate things considering he is SASHA'S FIANCE.

Get a grip Riya.

But he is hot and still not married.

You, shameless child. He is with your friend.

So, what? It's not like I am eloping with him. I am just admiring. That's not wrong.

That's true... Wait! what are I even thinking. It is wrong and now just shut up.

"So, what brings you here THIS EARLY?" Nick asked as I approached closer to where he was, he stood up from his chair and smirked "thought you hated mornings."

"I did. I mean I still do" I just shrugged.

"Couldn't wait to meet me?" he was wriggling his eyebrows and was already smiling.

I made an exaggerated 'oh' and placed my palm on my lips, faked astonishment and said "am I that transparent? I really couldn't wait to see you again, and I couldn't stop thinking about you. You are all I think of." I fluttered my eyes continuously before quickly sobering up and added "NOT".

"Mr. Nickel I am here on behalf of Mr. Ryan Vesh and VR Holding to cordially invite you to the dinner that is being held on the 15th of this month and here's the invitation." I held out the card for him to see and stood there looking around while he was skimming through the card. His house was huge, it was a two-storied building, but the best part was the area in front of the house. It had a lawn running along the length of the house and other three sides of the house there was garden with all kinds of plants. Nick just smiled and put the invitation on the chair "I will be there. Do you want to have some coffee or something, anything? I have the best cook."

"Thank you but I got to run. There are more people I must meet. Please do come, I really hope you make it on time for the dinner." With that I started walking towards my car. I heard him groan.

"Hey can this, Hot, I mean dot, no sorry, short guy bring a date?" he shouted and I am sure he had a smug look on his face.

"Sasha is invited too. So, no" I walked and reversed my car, out of his drive way. He was not letting go of that horrible encounter.

I invited two other heads of two other companies and was on my way to meet with another CEO when my phone buzzed. It was Mini.

"Hey Mini, I will come meet you in the afternoon. Right now, I am swamped." I put her on speaker and continued driving.

"You don't have to. I mean I will anyhow be there and you can give me the invitation on that day when I come to your place. We are driving, together right?"