23. Mocking babies

"Why now? I mean it doesn't make sense. He was gone, and I was fine. Ok maybe I was not but that's not the point. Just when I started to accept the fact that I was over him, he is back. What an A class douche bag. I hate him Riya, now more than ever."

I open my mouth to appease her a little, but she beats me to it.

"WHAT THE HELL RIYA? That freaking moron was gone, puff, MIA on me for one whole year and now he is back? To do what? Say what? Can you even imagine the first thing that came out of his mouth the minute he saw me Riya? Hmm? He said I looked fat" I raised a questioning brow at her "I mean not the exact same words but that was what he meant. That stupid a*s does not get to come here and say stuff like that to me," now she was seething.

Is it just me or she is really sounding like a prima donna?

Sasha got back from her 'getaway' two days ago. Who calls it a getaway if she spent one whole month basking in the beach sun? The minute she landed she wanted to catch up with me, but with Ryan's declaration of love for Mini and the media looking at me like I was a damsel with a broken heart I was working my behind off to clear the mess.

I have become the center of attraction to all the gossipmongers. You wouldn't believe some of the captions that captured my story. Hell, even the stories were beyond unbelievable. With the newly acquired celebrity status I was VERY busy.

"Sasha, you sound like your mom." She gave me a look that pretty much yelled 'REALLY?' but I simply shrugged.

"What? That was just an observation. And I am still angry at you for enjoying in some far-off sands without me when you know I love beaches. Me being ruthless for some more time before I get serious and say something to ease you, is justified."

"Ah that. You just had to be there you know? It was amazing. There were beach parties all the time and there was this guy who showed me around. It was fun and..."

"Shut up before I stuff my sock in your mouth." I yelled at her which earned me a laugh.

"I love riling you up. It's so entertaining to..."

Just then, someone knocked on her front door. It saved me from murdering my friend who was getting her laughs from aggravating me.

"I should get that, but who could that be? I am not really expecting anyone." Sasha muttered mostly to herself and walked away to answer the door. I took this opportunity to look at the beach hat she bought me. It was a simple hat, typical cream with a brown satin tied around it to look like a bow. I was trying it on when I heard a very familiar voice talk with irritation,

"I am going crazy. No, SHE is driving me crazy. Argh, she doesn't reply to my texts, return my calls and is avoiding me. She is being as subtle as a mammoth about the whole ignoring me thing. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but this... This is driving away my last sense of sanity. I swear one of these days I am just going to kidnap her and tie her to a f*cking chair and gag her until she listens to me and understands where I am coming from."

I can almost see him pacing around Sasha's hall and pulling his hair in frustration.

"Somehow the last statement sounded very dirty to me and you don't get to sound like that when I am around," Sasha chided in a loud voice.

Frankly, I felt the same too, but I do not think that was what Nick meant. But Sasha and I being the dirty minds that we are, conjured images that meant something completely different.

"Sasha"

"Nick"

"What do I do?" he heaved a sigh of frustration. "I have never felt like this before. I am just... I don't... I feel helpless."