31. Not going to creep him out

"You are freaking me out a little now. It's been 20 minutes and you have not spoken a word. Are you trying to tell me something through telepathy?" he asked with a frown on his face.

Does he have the right to say those words? NO

Because I was freaking out. I did not know how to react and what was the best way to deal with this right now. I would always think things through, have plans A through Z and then think of a million more scenarios with all these plans failing. This was new to me.

"What do you want me to say? I don't understand. How can you like someone you just saw? How do you know what kind of a person I am? How can you tell me you like me? We barely even know each other and ..."

"I am not asking you to marry me. Hell, I have not even asked you out on a proper date yet. This is me just telling you to not friend zone or brother zone me."

"And I do not know what to say to that, ok. Until yesterday you were that guy who was going to marry Sasha. Now you tell me that she was never in the picture. How am I supposed to trust you to not tell Mini, that all of this was a joke and you are actually in love with her?"

He gave me an incredulous look and said "are you kidding me right now? Do you think all I want to do in life is to run around your friends and profess my love for them while using the other as a bait? Stop being stupid, Riya. This is one of those times you irritate the cr*p out of me."

"You are calling me stupid? You are stupid, your plan is stupid, and your face is stupid."

"How original" he said with sarcasm dripping from every word.

I was silent again, expecting him to burst into laughter and tell me this was all a joke any minute now.

"Can you please stop overthinking?" he asked with a look that yelled seriously?

"How do you know I am overthinking? Why do you talk to me like you know me?"

Ok he might be right about the overthinking part, but, that doesn't mean he can talk to me like he knows me.

Because, he doesn't.

"I don't talk to you like I know you. All of this would have been so much more easier if I had known what was going on in that complicated head of yours."

"I am not over thinking," I mumbled not having any response to what he just said.

"Really? I brought you a sandwich, a small tiny piece of bread and you avoided me for a month. I just said a two-page monologue about you and you expect me to think you are fine with it? I hear the cogs tuning at the speed of light inside your head."

He let out a deep breath again and said "you know what? Forget it, forget the banter and stop being childish. Here's my deal, you have no choice but to take it. Go out on a date with me. Let us get to know each other better. I know I want to know you, the you that is under all these layers of boldness, anger, sarcasm and humor. And if you want to give it a try we can go right now, or a week for today or a month. It doesn't matter. I don't want to force you into something, because I know it will not work in my favor."

Go out on a date with him? How right was that?

"Nick... I don't know ok... All of this is very very very new to me. I am just waiting for you to stand any minute now and laugh it off and call it a joke. It is all very strange and scary. I know that you are speaking in a very practical way, but I am not sure if I can do this yet. And why are you telling me all of this now? Where were you once we returned from the wedding?"

"I was dealing with something. There is this mess and I am still dealing with it."

"Is everything ok? Is it huge? You can make it better right? Is there anything I can do? Do you need help in anything? Should I..."