16. Bad feeling is a time bomb

Brain?

Mmh

Brainy brain?

Mmmmhh

Oy brain?

What?

Now might be a nice time for you to say something

Can you shut up please I am still trying to comprehend

COMPREHEND WHAT, YOU IDIOT? RYAN SAID THAT HE LOVES YOU AND WANTS YOU TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND.

Mmh, when the whole world was watching. Oh my god Riya, you must have done something really bad to piss off fate. It never seems to leave you alone when it wants to be entertained.

Yaa about that can we, maybe I don't know, talk about how I am the 'center of entertainment to God' some other time? Because right now I should be planning a murder.

Good idea and your motive is also very understandable

1) Ryan told the world, not you, that he is in love with you

2) He said he gave you the day off, only for you wake up this early and go back to work

Wow. I envy you. NOT. Do you want to know the best thing you can do right now? SLEEP.

And that was what I did. I slept. Do not ask me how I slept with my blood boiling and murderous thoughts parkouring in my head, but I did. And this time I was smart enough to turn my phone off.

But I guess the world outside was smarter because three hours later I was harshly woken up by a loud banging on the door. The person on the other side was pounding and I had to rush because any minute now my faithful front-door will be hanging by its hinges.

"Who is it?" no one answered. I guess my 'guest' believed in actions speak louder than words. I opened it and the pounding stopped.

The fist of my 'guest' stopped midair and was looking at me with a face that had absolutely no emotions, just like I remembered from our last meeting. Nothing changed about him except maybe more grey hair and a few more folds under his eyes. I moved a little, to let him enter and as expected the first thing he did as soon as he set his foot inside was examine my place.

He must have been in a rush because he dressed casually and the last time I had seen him like this was when I was nine or ten. This was the man that carried me on his shoulders to the first day of my school. The same man who taught me to ride a cycle, the same man who had a knack for sneaking in chocolates for me (without my mom's knowledge). The very same man who told me never to cry when I got hurt.

And also, the same man who after few years thought that the love and care he showed can be replaced by money. The very same man who loaded my bank account on every birthday to make up for his absence. Also, the same man who was not interested in what I did or studied or if I ate or slept. This man was responsible for me growing up all by myself when I wanted my parents the most.

It had been six months since I last saw him and I wanted to stay strong so I just pushed back the tears which were threatening to fall. If there was one thing I learnt from all my growing years, it was that people took your tears as a sign of weakness. And this very man taught me those words.

"Your cell phone was switched off," he made his way to my couch and sat down and looked at me with a minuet expression that looked like disappointment. "I had to drive all the way here to discuss the issue with you."