12. Just being a complain box

"This?"

"Too long"

"Ok this?"

"Too short"

"The black one?"

"Too revealing"

"The left most one?"

"tooooo flashy"

"Ok. The we are taking the white one. Come on Sasha, white is just the one for you"

"No. I mean its toooo... hmm you know? It is..."

"Nice. But you don't want to take it because if you decide just yet we have to leave and you don't want that, because it has been what? Three hours that we have been in this mall. That's it Sasha I am leaving, you can buy this dress without any complains or can go shopping all by yourself."

"Oh, shut up Riya. I did not find the one and I will look for it until I find it. Now stop complaining and come. There is another shop I know."

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooo... you can't make me. I can't stand this torture any more I am dying a little every time you reject a dress. I will not..." rest of my agony was of no importance because Sasha dragged me to five other shops and she still didn't find the one. In the end she decided that the dress she bought for her last birthday was good enough.

I really hated her sometimes.

It was her idea to go shopping together. First, we searched for a dress for me and guess what? It was over in half an hour. Because I initially skimmed through the dresses, selected a few, arranged them in the order of their lengths,

Looked. Liked. Bought.

It was a simple black dress that flowed all the way down and covered my feet. The neck, shoulder area was covered in lace and a golden design (looked like fire to me) was printed from the left shoulder to the waist. The skirt part of the dress had many layers. All in all, it was a red-carpet worthy one and I bought it.

But Sasha had other thoughts. She wanted to learn a lot about all the dresses in all the shops in the entire mall, we went to. So, she dragged me to all the shops and tried on a gazillion different dresses, learned their size, material, cost, discount and finally said a big fat no to all of them and exited the mall like she just conquered the world.

"Sasha, you are a horrible person. Trust me."

"I know" she smiled.

"So, are you still coming?"

Riya, you mad mad girl what are you talking? Shut up shut up shut up.

Oh no she heard it. Suffer.

"Riya what the hell is your problem? Why do you keep asking me if I am coming to the dinner? If you don't want me to come, you can just say it to my face. You don't have to keep dropping hints like a desperate girlfriend. If all you what to do is spend time and have fun with your precious friend Mini just say so and I will not show my face. EVER," she was fuming.

On the outside I gave her a bewildered look but my brain was conjuring images in my head of me literally rolling on the floor laughing.

Shut up brain.

What? It is funny. She does sound like an insecure girlfriend to me.

Shut up brain, this all your fault.

My fault? It is the mouth's fault for babbling without consulting me first?

Argh shut up now and do some damage control.