Ch. 1

[ 1. ]

"Excuse me. You're not allowed to be in here unless you're with the cast." My head craned back slowly as I looked up at the women who spoke to me, making me drop my cookies to the ground and halt my chewing.

With cheeks full of cookies, I observed the tall woman clad in a navy blue blazer and a bluetooth sticking out of her ear that flashed an annoying blue light every five seconds.

I stumble with my words once I've swallowed the cookies, and try to find the right way to explain to her that I work here. "I'm sorry, I think you're mistaken." I shyly say, trying to maintain eye contact but the stern look in her eyes was slowly making me crumble like the cookies on the ground. She was intimidating and I was scared to tell her she was wrong. People like her don't like being told they're wrong, especially by someone younger.

She rolls her eyes, shakes her head and speaks into her Bluetooth. "Security, we got another one. Escort her out." Her eyes move up and down my body before rolling her eyes once more like I was a splinter stuck at the sole of her sock. Tiny and annoying.

"I really do belong here. I'm going to be late. If you excuse me, I just need to get to-" I'm suddenly interrupted by security, taking me by the arm like I was a rag doll. "Excuse me. Please let go of me. I'm going to be late—"

"Is there a problem here?" A strong voice in the distance put the chaos to an end. Everyone's heads turn in the direction of the voice and a tall, muscular man walks towards us.

Chris Evans.

"It's just an intruder, but it's taken care of." Almost instantly, the woman's eyes softened and her body relaxed as she gazed at Chris with fond eyes.

He looks at me being held by security and back at the woman swooning over him and rolls his eyes.

"This so-called intruder' is part of the main cast." His strong voice causes the lady to turn pale and she stutters her incoherent words. "Let go of her."

The officers let me go and apologize. "It's okay." I squeak, holding my arm where it was burning from their tight grip. I turn to Chris and thank him.

"Come on." He smiles at me and we walk off. "We thought you were taking a long nap. We were waiting for a while." He laughs.

"Hey, that happened once." I blush, remembering the way the cast woke me with a horn before snapping pictures of me resting peacefully. "Thank you for helping. I guess they're not familiar with me yet."

"They should be. It was wrong for them to treat you like that even if you were an intruder."

We arrive at the makeup trailer where the cast is finishing up their makeup while waiting for me.

"Hey, she finally woke up." Tom jokes. Tom Holland. Now I'm swooning, but in secret. You'd think after three months would be cool around him, but I still caught myself in a daze while staring at him in between takes.

"Hey, sleeping beauty." Robert smiles. Yes, I know. Robert Downey Jr! "How was your nap?"

Before I get a word out, Chris speaks, "she was about to be kicked out by security."

Everyone gasps and look at me. "What happened?" They ask curiously.

"They thought I was an intruder." I softly laugh, taking a seat on an empty makeup chair.

Robert laughs and says, "Been there before."

"Don't worry. Once the movie is released, you won't even need to carry around your ID." Tom says to me, ruffling my hair before he leaves to change into his fit.