Ch. 51

"I'm sorry I won't be home for Christmas." He speaks through the phone.

"It's fine babe." I say, my phone resting on a shelf as I pull out the Christmas decorations from a box. "Christmas is for family." I smile, looking down at the decorations in the box, making sure they're not broken.

"You are my family."

I look at him, watching the way his pink lips curve into a smile as he brushes his hair back with his fingers.

"We can celebrate Christmas when you come home, Okay?"

"Okay."

My head shoots up at the sound of knocking at my door. I looked out the window, finding a familiar car parked in my drive way.

"I'll take to you soon." I smile back at Jimin.

"You're family is home?" He asks.

I nod, picking the phone up and walking over to the front door.

"I'll call you tonight." I smile, waving at the camera.

"I love you, my rose."

"I love you, Jimin."

The call ends and I'm left staring at myself through the screen.

December 24

I didn't have a big family.

It was just the four of us growing up: mom, dad, older sister, and myself.

When my sister got married, it was no longer the four of us. It became seven when they had twins, Madison and Mason.

Compared to other families, people would consider ours to be small. But I didn't mind.

Throughout the years, I learned that family wasn't the people you share blood with, but the people that love and support you no matter the circumstances.

So although I didn't have a big family, the house was always filled with loved ones for the holidays.

"Auntie Molly?" Mason called, tugging on the sleeve of my knit sweater.

I bent down to his level, pushing back his messy hair that was neatly gelled back before he started running around with his friends.

"Yes?" I asked.

He wrapped his small arms around my neck, pulling me closer to him.

"Can I have a candy cane from the tree?" He whispered in my ear. "Mommy won't let my have one before dinner."

I laughed, looking around the room for any sign of his parents.

"You can." I whispered back. "But if you get caught, It wasn't me."

He nods, quickly pulling away and running towards the Christmas tree we decorated together at the beginning of the month.

A few minutes later, he returned with a candy cane in his small hands. "Thank you." He sang as he ran by me, chasing after Madison.

"When is the boyfriend in town?" Lexi asks, nudging my shoulder as she stands next to me at the kitchen counter.

"Beginning of January." I reply. "Just for a while before he goes back on tour."