Ch.2

[ 2. ]

Falling in love with South Korea was as fast as a heartbeat. In the two months that I have spent in Busan, I've learned so much about the beautiful city and equally as beautiful people.

Because paying for a hotel would be too expensive, the cast and crew were provide with accommodations in a rural town close to the set.

I was lucky enough to have Mijoo as my landlord because she is the sweetest old woman who is teaching me Korean. She told me I would be hopeless if I don't learn Korean, so I've been taking lessons with her in my free time and she is kind enough to cook for me. When I asked her for the recipes to her meals, she said she'd only share them with me if I am able to have a conversation with her in Korean after three months of her teachings. By her rules, I'll be cooking some delicious Korean meals in a month.

However, work is why I'm here, thus, I haven't explored much of South Korea. But, today's I'm finally getting a few days off. So, I purchased a train ticket and a reserved a hotel room in Seoul.

I stand at the train station reading the  notes I wrote down with the help of Mijoo, thankful for her because I'm not completely lost, but I'm not all that confident. Once again, I was feeling tiny in the middle of the train station as I look around, reading the signs as best I could.

"Molly!" I hear my name being called in the distance. I quickly turn in the direction I heard my name being called, searching for the familiar face. I scan the faces but I can't find him. I continue on and suddenly feel a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. "You're actually here." The familiar voice squeals. I smile and turn so I could see him after all these years.

Our eyes meet and my smile is alive with joy. "Hey." I pull him closer, hugging him tightly to make up for all those years without his embrace. "I've missed you." I close my eyes, remembering the days when we went from classmates to best mates. We pull away from the hug, with huge smiles on both of our faces.

"Molly Rose." Somehow, his smile manages to grow brighter by the second. "Look at you starring in a movie. Who would have thought."

"Mark Tuan." I copy him. "Look at you rocking this faded pink hair color. Who would have thought."

He laughs and pulls me into a hug once more and I was glad because I was already missing his embrace. We pull away and he helps me with my suite case. "Come on. You have a lot to catch me up on since I left."

Chemistry was never my strongest subject, but chemistry was my favorite class because Mark was my lab partner. It happened on accident as Mark was punished for talking to his table mates during lectures. Mrs. Woo decided that the best way to get the class clown to stop talking was to seat him with the quietest student in the room. Her plan worked— well, for a month at least. After that month, I was getting in trouble to talking to Mark during the lectures.

He had always dreamed of doing something in the entertainment industry, and I encouraged him. He was so excited when he was accepted to JYP entertainment and we always kept in touch when he left. I, on the other hand, wanted to go into business and Mark encouraged me to apply for the best business school and I made it in.

Years later, we were reunited. Him as an idol and myself as an actress.

After a car ride filled with laughter over reminiscing on the past and catching up with each other's lives, we arrived at Marks place.