Ch. 8

[ 8. ]

"Thank you!" I hug Lexi before hopping out of the car. She smiles warmly as I adjust my purse on my shoulder. "Get home safely." She tells me she'll text me when she gets home before I shut the door, waiting until the car is out of sight before I walk inside.

I don't waste a second the moment I'm inside, heading straight to my room as I peel off the layers of clothing from my shoot. As I shower, I contemplate texting Jimin and asking for a rain check. The water is just too warm and soothing against my sore muscles. However, when I step out of the shower, I receive a text from Jimin.

The photo shows their living area with the boys spread out in small nooks in the corner of the couches or spread widely over each other. A mess of popcorn sits on the coffee table with a few empty bottles of soju, and suddenly, the restlessness is long forgotten. I scurry to find a comfy outfit, letting my hair to air dry as I gather my things and head over.

Their home was less than a 10 minute drive from my place, so I decide to take a detour for some ice cream since I had suddenly had a craving for something sweet. Thankfully, the nearest ice cream parlor is open 24 hours a day, satisfying my late night craving.

The girl working the register notices the four buckets of ice cream-- all four in different flavors for some variety-- and she smiles as if to say something but when our eyes meet, hers widen in realization.

"HI," I smile, having over my card. She stills for a moment before blinking away her awe and takes the payment. After a picture, I quickly dismiss myself and head straight to their home to avoid showing up with melted ice cream.

Jimin meets me outside of their home, helping me with the buckets of ice cream before greeting me with a hug. "I'm glad you're here," he smiles as he guides me through the front yard.

"Me too," I smile, leaving my shoes at the door when we enter. "I hope I'm not too late. I wouldn't want you guys sleeping late because of me."

He laughs lightly as he pulls out a pair of slippers from a cubby in the closet by the entrance. He places them by my feet before slipping into his. "Not at all. We haven't really been able to adjust to the time change."

I follow him through the foyer. "That's why you won't answer my texts. You're sleeping when you should be awake."

"Hey," Jimin giggles, slowing his strides so he walks beside me and slightly bumps into me. "I make sure you're the first person I text as soon as I wake up."

There he goes again. Saying these sweet things that just make my heart race.

"Molly's here!" Thankfully Jimin doesn't let me respond because he announces me arrival which is followed by the sound of bare feet slapping the marble floor.

The guys file into the kitchen one after the other, each greeting me as kindly as always.

"Hey!" I smile, giving them each a hug. "I brought ice cream."

"Really?" Jungkooks eyes widen, searching the kitchen for the ice cream. "Wow! Thank you!" He pulls out his phone and takes a picture of the ice cream before preparing his cone.

"I wasn't sure which flavors you guys like so I brought four kinds."

"Thank you!" Tae shines his boxy smile towards me as him and Jungkook being to serve themselves ice-cream.

"How did the shoot go?" Namjoon asks.

"I loved it. It was summer themed so the shoot took place at Malibu." I reply. "The sunset was so beautiful! I'm so excited to see what they created."