Chapter 5

THIS CHAPTER HAS BROOKE AND ASHTON ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

------------------------------------------------------

Brooke's P.O.V.

"Ashton, baby, please." I groan, pushing him off me.

"Brooke, baby, please." He mumbles, trying to place his lips back on my neck.

"I just wanted to have a serious talk!" I snap, pushing him away and standing up.

He does this all the time, I'll tell him I want to talk, then he offers sex to get me to shut up. I mean, a lot of times it works, but right now.. Not gonna happen.

He sighs, "I'm sorry. What do we need to discuss?"

I just glare at him and he smiles, "You're cute when you're mad."

"Fuck you!" I yell, running up to our room, slamming the door closed and locking it.

"Brooke, I'm sorry. Babe, please." He mumbles, knocking on the door.

"No, Ashton. I'm tired of you trying to get me to shut up by offering sex. I've just wanted to seriously talk to you, and you don't care." I choke out, trying not to cry.

"Are you crying? I'm so sorry, please let me in.." He softly begs. "Why are you so upset about this? Please talk to me, baby." He whispers.

"I'm going to bed." I tell him.

"Are you going to unlock the door or am I on the sofa tonight?" He asks.

"I think the sofa has been feeling a bit lonely lately." I reply.

I turn the lights out and make my way to bed.

All I want to do is talk about adoption. I've been ready for a baby for so long now. We've discussed it before, but it hasn't been too serious. I don't just want a baby anymore, I need one.

-

I wake up without Ashton beside me, making me upset, then I realize I locked him out of our room.

Once I make my way downstairs, I see Ashton's made us breakfast and I smile.

Of course he would.

"You make it so hard for me to be mad at you." I mumbles, pulling him into a hug.

"I need to say sorry for always trying to shut you up with sex. I mean, it's sex so like, I didn't see it being that big of a deal.. Anyways, I'm sorry, Brooke, as your husband I should be listening to you and what you need to say, not shutting you up." He quickly says.

"It's okay. I don't know what came over me last night to be honest." I chuckle.

"Let's just enjoy this food, and you can tell me what you wanted to last night." He whispers, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

He sits down and I follow, taking a deep breath.

"What is it?" He asks.

"I wanted to talk to you about.. I wanted to talk to you about adopting." I mumble.

He looks shocked at first then clears his throat, "Wasn't expecting that.."

"Why? I thought you were always wanting kids? Now that I do, you don't?" I ask.

"No, no. I want kids. I couldn't be happier about this." He smiles, standing up and running over to hug me.

"I love you." I mumble, trying not to cry over how happy I am.

"I love you, Brooke. I can't wait to finally have a kid running around this house." He whispers.

"We're really gonna do this?" I question.