Chapter 31

hey guys i hope u like it 

----------------------------------------------------

Ashton's P.O.V.

Our divorce had been finalized.

We're not together anymore, and I don't know how I should feel.

She's happy though, that's what matters. Brooke is happy that we aren't together anymore. Brooke is really my main concern. She needs to be happy and take care of herself for the baby.

The baby.

That baby... I don't deserve. It's so fucking hard to say after wanting one for so long, I'm saying I don't deserve it.

I want Brooke to be happy. I want her to have this baby, I don't wanna take that from her. She doesn't need me around to bother her.

Michael's going to be there for her. I don't have to be. It's not like she wants me there to help.

It's okay through, I'm moving in a few weeks. I won't be around here, with all of the memories. Everywhere I look something seems to remind me of what we had, so I have to leave.

Seeing her with Michael will make me sick. It disgusts me that he'd actually do this, that he'd 'get together' with my wife, well, ex-wife.

But I'm not going to do anything about it, because if he's making her happy, then I'll let them be.

The two of them can raise Ella and my baby. They can be a family. I'll move, and this will all be over with.

My phone rings from beside me and I sigh, not checking who's calling.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Ashton, hi." Luke says.

I chuckle, "Wow, one of you are actually talking to me."

"Just because you did something totally shitty doesn't mean I'm going to totally ignore you." He says. "Anyways, how are you doing? I heard you're officially single again."

I sigh, "I'm doing pretty fucking terrible. I miss her being around. Even if we aren't together I just want to be able to talk to her still, you know?"

"Then why don't you?" He asks.

"I can't. That isn't what she wants and her happiness is way more important than mine." I tell him.

"Nobody's happiness is ever more important than your own."

"Brooke's is." I reply.

"Ashton, take care of yourself first." Luke says.

"No. Brooke needs to take care of herself because of the baby." I mutter.

"Why did you agree to this divorce?" He asks.

"Because it made Brooke happy!" I exclaim.

"So what's going to happen then? You aren't going to talk to her? What about the baby?" He questions.

"I'm moving Luke. I'm not going to be around." I quietly reply.

"What? Why?"

"For Brooke!" I groan.

"I don't think she wants you to leave!" He replies.

I sigh, "Well if she doesn't want me around, I'm going to so somewhere where I'd never see her and I won't want to just show up at her doorstep telling her that I miss her."

"You're ridiculous." He mutters.

"Did you call me just to get mad at me?" I question.

"I wanted to check in on you, none of us have heard from you." He chuckles.