Chapter 23

do you guys sometimes forget this book is literally set in 2031 bc I do

------------------------------------------------

Matthew's P.O.V.

Julie and I were supposed to be going out tonight but I was just told that it won't be happening.

"Matthew I swear-"

I groan, "Mum, I'm going out."

"Not anymore. You said you'd watch your sister, so you will." She says.

"Carly doesn't even like me." I reply. "Why can't Zoe or Liv watch her?"

"Zoe's been busy lately, something with appointments and not feeling too well. Liv already had plans, and you said you'd watch her. Brooke would watch her if she was staying here but she's at Michael's again." She says. "Who are you even going out with? Why is it so important?"

"It's Julie." I tell her.

"She's your best friend! Just have her come here! I trust her with Carly so it's fine." She says.

Julie and I are together. We both just don't want to say anything to anybody yet.

"Fine!" I groan.

"Will you stop acting like this please?! The way you and Liv have been acting the past few months is ridiculous!" She exclaims.

"Okay, I'm sorry.." I mutter.

She groans, "Then why don't you try behaving and just listen to me for once?"

"Alright!" I exclaim.

"Just invite Julie here. Please. I'm sick of you and Liv acting like this." She mutters, leaving my room.

I sigh as I search my room to find my phone, once I find it I call Julie.

"Hey there." She answers.

"Julie, hi. So about tonight.."

"You need to cancel because you're watching Carly, I know." She chuckles.

"How did you know that?" I ask.

"Your fucking dad texted me." She replies.

"They only have your number for emergencies!" I exclaim.

"Really? I actually text them just for casual conversations." She says.

"You're kidding, right?"

"No. I'm completely serious. I love your parents they're honestly the best." She tells me. "Your mum on my phone is programmed as 'mummy hemmings' and your dad is 'dilf' in case you wanted to know."

"Oh my god! Julie, I didn't need to know that!" I exclaim.

"Oh come on your dad is in his mid-thirties and still looks like that obviously I'm-"

"Okay!" I interrupt.

She laughs, "We're dating, shouldn't we be honest?"

"You don't need to tell me you'd fuck my dad!" I quietly exclaim. "You're dating me!"

"Maybe I wish I was dating your dad." She replies.

"Julie!"

"I'm kidding! Matt, come on." She giggles.

"Well if you'd fuck him you'd be willing to date him so.."

"Do you want me to come help you with Carly or not?" She asks.

"Please?" I chuckle.

"I'll be right over." She says, ending the call.

"Carly!" I yell as I head to her room.