Chapter 21

ok so I'm putting in how Melissa died bc people keep asking it might offend some people sorry

and people STILL complain about how this isn't just Luke and Vic I said this wasn't going to be like the first three books I said it would be different like idk what to say to you guys

----------------------------------------------------

Jessica's P.O.V.

Our family is over at Vic and Luke's, the kids are upstairs, so is Luke. Calum is cradling Isaac in his arms.

"Has anybody seen Ashton at all in the past few weeks? Or even spoke to him?" Calum asks.

Vic and I shake our heads no and he sighs.

"Ever since he admitted to his affair he's been distancing himself from us." Vic mutters.

"Where's Brooke?" I question, since I thought she was staying here.

"Michael called for her. Ella woke up this morning crying saying she wanted Brooke. She should be back soon." Vic says.

"I don't get it. Michael and Melissa weren't close to Brooke and Ashton at all the past few years, and now Ella's just suddenly begging for Brooke and Michael's just totally okay with her doing all this?" I ask.

"Something's gonna happen between the two of them, and I don't know if Ashton will be too happy about it." Calum states.

"Somebody help me." Luke groans as he walks over to us.

"Wow. Luke, you look beautiful." Vic laughs.

Luke is currently wearing a tiara and Carly and Amber did a lovely job giving him a makeover.

"You let them do your makeup?" Vic continues laughing.

"Carly asked if they could make me look pretty and I can't fucking say no to that kid." Luke mutters.

"Daddy! Me and Amber not finished!" Carly yells from the top of the stairs.

"Give me a second sweetheart!" Luke calls, rolling his eyes.

"You look so dumb!" Vic says as she continues her laughing.

"I'm a pretty princess shut up." Luke defends.

"Okay, well maybe you should go back up to the castle now or you'll have two mad little girls after you." Vic chuckles.

Luke sighs before making his way back upstairs.

"Cal, how did you not insult him?" Vic questions.

"They're still mad at each other about their fight a little while ago." I reply.

"Well he did call our daughter a slut so.." Calum mumbles.

"What? I have no idea what happened.." Vic says.

"It doesn't matter." Cal replies.

"Do you guys really think that something's gonna happen between Michael and Brooke?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. I don't know if Michael would be over his wife taking her own life yet, even though it has been seven months by now." Vic quietly replies.

Talking about Melissa's death is still a hard thing to talk about. We don't know why she did it, we don't know much about what happened.

"But he should know he needs to move on. Maybe Brooke will give him that push he needs to move on." Calum says. "He can't stay upset for the rest of his life."

I sigh, "Michael shouldn't have to go through this. Brooke and Ashton shouldn't have to go through this."

"Brooke and Ashton decided to get divorced though. I feel bad for her, being pregnant and having to deal with a divorce.." Vic replies. "It's only been just over a week and Brooke is already constantly just dealing with divorce bullshit."